Act 2 | Prologue

The end of the Great Faction War...

A conflict that dates back to the beginning of time itself. With Angels, and Demons, and Fallen Angels. Battling each other for thousands of years...

Until one woman, an Archangel, was born.

Made by God to be his ultimate weapon, she became the strongest Angel. More powerful than any of his other creations, even his Four Great Seraphims that led his armies.

With this new Archangel, Heaven's forces prevailed against their enemies. Armed with a sword made out of a monster's jaws, and an unstoppable army of summons at her side. Her divine power, one of beautiful moonlight and the other of chaotic hellfire was unrivaled. And all who stood against her were easily slain.

She alone pushed back the countless Devils and Fallen Angels until Heaven had supreme territorial control over the other two factions. Swaying the results of the Great War single handedly in their favor.

But one day, on one of the many battlefields, the Archangel came across someone who would change her life forever...

It was supposed to be another mission. Another massacre to be carried out against their enemies...

It was none of that. For the Archangel, she found something never before found in the war...

She found love. In the form of another Angel, nameless and low level in nature.

Almost like it was fated to be, she took the Angel under her wing, training her as a future Archangel like herself.

Little did she know, the low level Angel took a liking to her too. And their relationship blossomed for months, until the very end of the war. Where at the Archangel's lowest point, in her time of need, the Angel was there for her...

She proposed for marriage. But the Archangel wasn't deserving of her love until the Angel made her a vow...

That nothing would change her feelings for her. And the Archangel believed her, accepting her proposal for marriage as her one true love...

God, wanting to preserve his weapon's loyalty, attempted to erase the Angel...

He failed.

Using power stronger than God's, the Archangel resisted his attack on her beloved. Thus transforming the Angel into something more, something much greater than an ordinary Angel.

But the Angel had to leave Heaven. No longer recognizing her as one of their ranks. She made the Archangel promise her before departing, a promise that they would be married and remain together forever...

The Archangel did not keep her promise.

Because the Archangel had to uphold a different promise. A promise to herself that she would kill not just Lucifer and his Satans, but God as well.

Nobody else witnessed what the Archangel did to end the Great Faction leaders. But it was surely powerful, more powerful than God or the Satans, more powerful than anything the supernatural world has ever felt.

By killing the leaders, she ended the Great War. Bringing bout a new era...

An era of peace. Not just for the supernatural, but for humans too.

The Archangel had always put humans first. She fought for them, cared for them, mourned for them. And after her banishment from Heaven, the Archangel declared to all...

That she would protect all of Humanity. From the monsters that preyed upon them, from the monsters within those very humans...

She became known as...

Humanity's Protector... The Great War Savior.

...

"Woah," The young red headed Devil exclaims. "And this really happened, father?" 

"So it would seem," Her father, a much older Devil with a mature complexion, nods. Closing the fairytale book shut, and setting it down on his lap. "But there are many retellings of the Great War. This is but one of many, Rias." 

"But there's too many tales of her to be fake!" Rias, in all of her seven years, questions.  "She's so strong! So important to just ignore! There's got to be more to the story!" 

At this, her father gives a hearty laugh. Amused at his daughter's antics.  Rias has always been what others would call a 'problem child'. She's headstrong, and often stubborn to see things her way.  Defiant, even when faced with strong opposition...

Zeoticus Gremory had raised her right, as the next heir to their Clan's Head. Especially now that his eldest can't fulfill the role. He's busy being Maou of Lucifer. 

Speaking of his son...

"Oi, Sirzechs!" 

"Yes, father?" 

His son, another crimson haired Devil responds. Who's just a much younger version of his father. 

"Why don't you tell little Rias here about your experience with the Great War Savior." 

Sirzechs visibly shudders with fear, still afflicted with the past trauma of battle. And next to him, a silver haired female chuckles slightly. 

"Yes, Sirzechs. Why don't you? For Rias, of course." 

"Grayfia..." Sirzechs shoots her a glare, before turning back to his sister. Who's still looking at him with literal stars in her eyes. 

Sighing, he puts on a smile and takes a knee to her height. 

"Okay, Rias. I'll give you a little bit of what I know..."