Chapter 5

{Heaven}

(Third Layer | Darkest Angel's Estate)

(Kristina POV)

Mindlessly humming away, Kristina continues to work her kitchen, providing an equal counter to the constant sizzling of the black iron wok.

Including the open fire of the modern gas stove, only the light from the kitchen, the adjacent dining table nearby, and the last natural ray of sunset illuminate the otherwise dark emptiness of Kristina's penthouse.

Raynare's theory was correct, everything in Kristina's life is symbolic. From [Moonlight Sonata], to her title as Darkest Angel, even her home holds a deeper meaning behind it.

Yet, her home isn't completely barren. At least not tonight, for tonight... Kristina has guests.

And because of that, the black sheep of an Archangel doesn't feel entirely alone for once.

...

The sound of the guest room door opening draws Kristina's attention, she doesn't need to turn to know its the low level Angel, Raynare.

"Hey!" Kristina greets, still focusing on cooking. "Done?"

"Yeah, yeah." Raynare sighs, rolling her shoulder. "Ugh, why did we have to wear our armor during practice? Everything hurts..."

"Armor should become completely comfortable for you," Kristina reasons. "Its like a second skin for any soldier... You did use a cold shower like I told you?"

Ranyare nods, backtracking immediately because Kristina's looking elsewhere.

"Good," Kristina answers, suprising Raynare for somehow knowing. "Thirsty?"

"Wha-!" Raynare falters, staring wide eyed. "What do you mean..."

"Water..." Kristina finally turns to her, white hair framing her blue eyes. "Its in the fridge."

"Oh..." Raynare slowly nods, taking two bottled drinks for Kalawarner and her. "Right..."

As Raynare places the water on the dining table, Kalawarner exits the guest room. Drying off her long dark navy blue hair with a towel.

"Thank you, Kristina. For allowing us to use your utilities."

"Please, Kalawarner." Kristina waves off, hilariously rushing to carry the hot wok onto the table. "It's the least I could do, after you two worked so hard today."

"O-Of course," Kalawarner relents, taking her seat alongside Raynare as their dinner is presented before them. "Thank you, Kristina."

"Hey," Raynare lightly slaps Kalawarner's arm. "Stop with the thanking. You're gonna ruin my appetite."

"But-!"

A knock interrupts Kalawarner, the two Angels looking at the front door with confusion. Or at least, what should be the front door. Because they took Kristina's [Gate], it surprised them that their is a physical entrance to this place.

"Oh! I got it!" Kristina says, taking her black glasses out of her pocket, placing it on her eyes. "What's up, Gabe! Glad you could make it."

Perking up at the nickname, Raynare and Kalawarner both look in shock as the Great Seraphim, Gabriel, stands at the doorway. Wearing an oversized sweater and a pink dufflebag over her shoulder.

Seeing one of their high ranking generals and their direct superior like this made it look like the two Angels were dreaming than accepting this new reality in front of them.

"Stop it, Kristi." Gabriel shakes her head in a huff. "I always have time for you. Besides, I could never forgive myself if I couldn't attend our sleepover."