Chapter 9

{Heaven}

(Third Layer | Darkest Angel's Estate)

(Kristina POV)

Returning back to her inverted penthouse, Kristina walks across the flat grass cliffside of her home.

Without her usual cloak and ornate helmet, Kristina can feel the chilling nightly breeze, along with the pale glow of moonlight shining down on her skin. Only the appearance of an ordinary office tie and slacks curve her figure, her blue eyes hidden behind a pair of black lens.

Yawning openly, Kristina steps onto the open field, hands tucked inside her pockets.

"And to think my day was just about to end." Kristina says to the empty land around her. "But it seems it's only getting better and better."

Screaming manically from above, a ten winged Fallen Angel drops down on her position. Immediately, bringing two [Light Greatswords] onto Kristina's head, and creating a shower of dust and rubble in its wake.

"HA!" Cadre Commander, Kokabiel, laughs. "That was too easy."

But as the field clears, the Fallen Angel finds himself in a largely formed crater, empty and without his opponent's corpse.

"Who are you calling easy." The voice of a woman sounds, just away from him.

Visibly confused, Kokabiel sees Kristina completely unscathed, smiling carefree.

"What the Hell..." Kokabiel comments in disbelief. "I felt my attack hitting you. How are you still standing."

Chuckling like he's just made a joke, Kristina brings a hand to her tie. As if to loosen the knot.

"For an Angel of the Stars, you don't look Divine." Kristina instead replies. "Guess all that time in the dark did you no favors. Pale, ghostly, God really messed up when he made you, huh."

"BITCH!" Kokabiel yells, readying his blades. "I've come for justice! For what you did to me! Or don't you remember, Archangel of Suffering."

But Kristina tilts her head in response.

"I remember every victim of mine..." Kristina's smile begins to grow. "And I certainly recall my [Summons] ganging up on you, bringing you to within an inch of your life."

Continuing to pull on her tie, blue runes start to come to life all over the clothing accessory. Including her glasses, which shine the same glow as her eyes underneath.

"But if you've come for justice, I have none to offer. Quite the opposite, really."

An infamous set of armor takes its place on her person. A long shrouding cloak falls over her shoulders, and a decorated silver black helmet covering her head. Masking all but her eyes.

This same attire, the one that striked fear into the many hearts and minds of Devils and Fallen alike, invokes a feeling of dread up and down Kokabiel's body.