Chapter 2

{Heaven}

(1st Layer)

(Raynare POV)

Its been several months since Raynare's last stepped foot in Heaven. Kalawarner and her had been fighting the frontlines as per their first assignment in the Great War. Raynare almost forgot what it felt like, feeling the radiant star above her home, her mind still filled with the recent memories of all Earth has to offer.

That being the ear piercing cries of battle, the putrid stench of fresh corpses, and the feeling of slick blood staining her hands.

...

Stepping out of her sword layered [Gate], Raynare and Kalawarner follow Kristina to a small cafe. Where they all sit out front, around a the circle table while a waitress goes off to fetch them their drinks.

Sounds of a busy mid day first enter Raynare's mind, other Angels are heard going about their business, living out their lives as best they can while at war.

Shielding her eyes from the day's sun glare, Raynare adjusts to the unique teleportation spell the Archangel used.

"My [Gate] can be... unfamiliar to others." The cloaked women, Kristina points out. Her helmet masking all but her unnatural blue eyes. "You'll get used to it."

"Doubt that..." Raynare replies, recalling the [Gate], its inside the same star filled nothingness as Kristina's sword. "You have a weird spell that no one else uses."

Unlike other Angels, or anyone for that matter, Raynare has never seen one's teleportation spell to remain after use. Instead of being warped to another location, it feels like walking between worlds. Seraphims are just on a different level.

"Raynare," Kalawarner shoots her friend a glare. "I apologize, Lord Moonshine, for my friend's... rudeness. But we both are really grateful for your help back to Heaven."

"No problem of mine. I was recalled back too." Kristina waves off. "I know how much of a bitch finding transport is. You both would've had to wait for the next recyclement. That would've taken weeks, at least."

Kristina darts her head around to her sides, expecting something.

Raynare raises an eyebrow, seeing the more powerful Angel of the three check both ends of the street once more. 'Is she scared?'

"Also," Kristina adds, the two perking up to listen. "Drop the 'Lord', call me Kristina. I may be your superior, but I'm not that rigid on structure like the others."

Their drinks are now set before them by their waitress, and Kristina takes her iced coffee. Slipping the straw underneath her helmet to drink.

While the two Angels have yet to touch their's.

"You both have questions," Kristina more so states, resting the refreshing glass on the table. "I'll answer them."

"What about your report?" Kalawarner asks.

"Semantics..." Kristina waves off, leaning back in her chair. The seat being draped by her cloak, barely touching the floor. "Your minds are more important, allow me to put them at ease."

"Why," Raynare immediately goes to question her, leaning her arms on the table. "Why did you-"

"Torture?" Kristina simply says, like their conversation is something completely normal. "What, you thought I don't know what it really is? Nah, I don't sugercoat my actions."

"Then it makes it all the more worse!" Raynare grits her teeth, annoyed with Kristina's nonchalant attitude. "You didn't just execute them, you slowly dismembered them!"