Chapter 15 Part 1

{Heaven}

(Sixth Layer | Zebel)

(Raynare POV)

Right after the [Gate] closes behind the Darkest Angel, Raynare is approached by Kalawarner, the blue haired Archangel leading her best friend back to the conference room with a reconciling hand on her shoulder.

When the two Archangels stepped inside, a meeting has already taken place. The Four Great Seraphs, Gabriel, Uriel, Raphael, and Michael stands around a large oval table. Everyone there watching the battle between Kristina and the Twin Heavenly Dragons through an observation spell.

"Kala, Ray." Gabriel calls over, motioning them to stand at her side. "You made it."

"Apologies, Lord Gabriel." Kalawarner bows, and Raynare follows suit. "For our late arrival."

"Don't be," Gabriel waves off, smiling. "You've made it just in time."

"I can't wait," Raphael grins, folding his arms. "Two long has Ddraig and Albion been allowed to roam free without any restrictions. They'll finally get what's coming to them."

"Indeed," Uriel nods, fixing his glasses. "The Twin Dragon Emperors have caused chaos everywhere they go. Thankfully, our sister will put an end to them."

"It's quite sad that humans have been caught up in this recent attack," Gabriel says with melancholy. "But at least they'll be the only ones involved."

...

...

...

"Raynare."

Michael's voice cuts through the air, instantly creating tension in the room from his flat and cold tone.

"Y-Yes, Lord Michael?" Raynare snaps her head to him, and so does everyone else.

Ever since Kristina's talk with Chuck, her teacher has told Raynare to be wary of Michael. That during that time, Michael went to their Father personally to tarnish her reputation, betraying the trust they established especially after Michael sought Kristina out for forgiveness during their first confrontation.

But even without Kristina's warning, Raynare could see the clear underlying tone in the Supreme War General's manners. Esspecially towards Kristina or anyone of the 'Palebloods' Hand.

Raynare sees it everytime during their Great Seraph Meetings with Kristina. The uncaring dull social exchange in his words, the suspicious untrusting glare in his eyes, and the hostile aura he emanates whenever Kristina steps in the room.

And in this moment, Raynare feels it now. But not as a sideline observer... No, Raynare herself has become the sole target of Michael's venomous nature.

"You arrived late because of your conversation with Kristina," Michael questions, emotionless but clear in his disdain to Raynare specifically. "Tell me, what did you talk about."

"Yes, um, Lord Michael." Raynare nods, masking the fear in voice to some effect. "Lord Kristina and I were discussing about her upcoming fight. Specially, how I wished to fight beside her-"

"Fight beside her?" Michael raises an eyebrow, his tone mocking. "You? Please. A lowborn Angel like you couldn't possibly stand a chance against the Twin Heavenly Dragons."

"Michael!" Gabriel calls her brother out, her voice quick to defend Raynare. "Raynare is an Archangel now. Both Kristina and I have seen her strength firsthand-"

"We're getting off topic," Michael waves off, rolling his eyes exasperatingly. "Raynare, continue."

"Yes... Lord Michael." Raynare nods once more, her blood boiling in secret against the blond haired Archangel. "As I was saying, Kristina requested me to remain here."