3

Edmund

"Drop Him!" Susan says after shooting an arrow. We run up the mound as two men drop a dwarf in the water. I run along with Peter to go save him. I start swimming towards the boat, we're gonna need this at some point right?

Just in time i swim back to shore with the boat and Peter comes out of the water holding the tied up dwarf. We all gather around him as Lucy cuts his binds off. "Drop Him?!? That's the best you can come up with?" he says yelling at us.

"A simple thank you would suffice." Susan says back.

"They were doing fine, drowning me, without your help."

"Maybe we should have let them." Peter says.

"Why were they trying to kill you anyway?" Lucy asks.

"They're Telmarines. That's what they do."

"The Telmarines? What are they doing in Narnia?" They must have attacked Cair Paravel.

"Where have you been the last few hundred years." Geez, he probably doesn't know who we are.

"It's bit of a long story" Lucy says, looking at us.

He then looks up and actually takes a good look at us. "Oh, you've got to be kidding me. You're it? You're the Kings and Queens of old?"

"High King Peter, the Magnificent." Peter says holding out his hand. I roll my eyes.

"You could have left out the last bit." Susan says. I let out a laugh.

He laughs too. "Probably." he says smiling.

"You probably might be surprised." Peter says unsheathing his sword.

"Ohhh, you don't want to do that, boy."

"Not me, Him." he says motioning to me. I smirk as Peter hands him his sword while I take mine out.

I laugh as he drops it. He then looks up and swings out of no where. I duck then the handle hits my face. "Oh, you alright?" he asks tauntingly. Then I duck and slap his butt with my sword causing a laugh from Lucy and a grunt from the dwarf. Hit. Dodge. Jump. Dodge. Hit. Dodge. Flick. Point. Just like.... Denali.

"Beards and Bedsteads, maybe that horn worked after all." he says looking at all of us. I put down my sword.

"What horn?" Susan asks.

~
We got on the boat and Peter was rowing while we just watched the trees.
"They're so still." Lucy says breaking the silence.

"Well they're trees, what do you expect?"

"They used to dance." she says back.

"Wasn't long til you left the Telmarines invaded. Those who survived retreated to the woods." he explains. "The trees they retreated so far beneath themselves we haven't heard from them since."

"What about Queen Denali?" I ask.

"What about her?" he asks.

"Did she survive? Is she alive now? Is she okay? How is my baby?"

"Woah woah woah, your baby?"

"Yea, Queen Denali was my wife. We had a child."

"Ah yes, King Edmund. Well, she is still alive."

"Wait what?" We all jump almost tipping the boat. Peter stops rowing and we all turn to Trumpkin.

"Ya heard me, she's still alive. Yes it's been over a 1300 years but she's still alive. A legend says that if a witch is killed by someone she loves but brought back to life she is immortal. After the miscarriage she f-"

"A miscarriage?!?" i yell standing up.

"Sit down!" Peter yells.

"Is she alright?" I ask sitting down.

"Yes she is, but the baby came 3 months early, also the cord was wrapped around her neck so she died." I look to the water. It had to be mine. "After that she found the White Stag and she wished that she would age just like you, Edmund. So she went back to her 13 year old self, and has been aging very slowly ever since. The Telmarines attacked and she was almost killed but a centaur saved her and we fled to the forest. 300 years ago she started to be in mourning, she thinks that you're never coming back ever again and that she made no use of finding the White Stag. She never leaves her bed or Aslan's How. But despite of her depression she is still looking after Narnia and protecting her kind."

"How could Aslan let this happen?" Lucy says.

"Aslan? I thought he abandoned us like you lot."

"We didn't mean to leave. You know?" Peter answers back.

"Makes no difference."

"Get us to the Narnians." Peter answers.

~
Denali

I watch as Reepicheep jumps off my horse and searches for what made the noise. As I keep my horse on a cantor I watch as Telmarines aim their crossbows, but not on me, some Narnians and another Telmarine?! I grab a sword I keep on my saddle just in case. Then I raise my dress up to grab a knife on my leg. I take aim at one and throw, stabbing him right in the chest.

As they run after Trufflehunter, Nikabrik, and the man, they kept shooting crossbows, missing every single time. Until Trufflehunter got hit in the back. I snap the reins but immediately pull them back, remembering that I'm supposed to be in hiding.

I watch as the man tries to help him up but the badger pushing him away. But he hands him something, Susan's Horn? I am so confused right now.

They stopped shooting but they kept making their way towards them. They stop and all take their aim.

C'mon Reep where are you? Then all of a sudden they started dropping like flies. There ya go. He picks the badger up and starts running. I can tell the Telmarines were afraid now because they kept looking around while they ran.

I turn my attention back to the man and Trufflehunter, just in time he hands Trufflehunter back to Nikabrik. He takes his stance with his sword and watches as each of the soldiers fall, til there's one left standing. I smirk oooooo it's coming. The soldier drops his crossbow, takes out his sword and starts slicing at all the fern around him. I laugh. Oh geez this is hilarious.

He drops and then the man drops. "Choose your last words carefully, Telmarine!" Reep says.

"You're a mouse." he says still frightened.

Reep sighs. "I was hoping for something more original. Pick up your sword."

He stutters.

"Pick it up! I will not fight an unarmed man." He says raising his voice.

"Uh, which is why I choose not to cross blades with you, noble mouse." he says. I smile and come out from behind the trees.

"Well said, Prince." I say as proud as I could without sounding foolish.

"I said I would let you fight, I didn't say I would let you live!" Reep continues.

"Reep, enough." I say. He laughs nervously.

"Sorry, my Queen." he says bowing. I hold a hand out.

"I already told you about the bowing. Please, don't." I said laughing at his formality.

"Reep! State your blade." The badger says from behind us.

"Trufflehunter? I hope you have a good reason for this untimely interruption." Reep says.

"He doesn't, go ahead." Nikabrik says, receiving a giggle from me.

"He was the one who blew the horn!"

"What?" me and Reep say together.

Out of nowhere centaurs show up. "Then let him bring it forward." Glenstorm says. Then he sees me. "Your Majesty, you are finally out of bed." receiving a bow from all of them.

"Well I had a feeling I had to today." I say smiling. I can't believe how much these Narnians care for me.

"Well, this is the reason we have gathered." he says.