12

As soon as we got the Telmarines umarmed we all headed to their castle. I stopped right before we could cross the drawbridge that I never got the chance to run over, the night of our ambush. Ed, who was holding my hand, almost toppled over at my sudden stop. "What's the matter?" He says looking down at me.

"I just, I don't know." I say shrugging looking to the ground.

"Is it because you didn't make it through? Is it because when we go through, you might be afraid someone might shoot you in the leg?" I roll my eyes and nod, still looking down. He was not helping at all. He hooks a finger and puts it underneath my chin to raise it up.

"I guess so. I'm afraid no one will protect me. I don't know." Trying to avert my eyes away from his, looking at anything else but his deep chocolate brown abyss of eyes.

"Hey, look at me. Where did my brave assassin go?" He tries to lighten the mood, I turn to him and pout while I furrow my brows. What is with him?

"Is that supposed to make me feel better?" Raising an eyebrow, he laughs.

"Well, yea. Just, I promise you this time you will not get hurt. I will be there, to get shot in the leg, to be caught as prisoner, and to-" I roll my eyes and before he could continue I draw his sword along with mine. I trip him with my leg and he falls to the ground. I use his sword to stabalize him and pierce his sword into his sleeve and I point mine to his neck.

"There's your assassin for you." I smile down at him as he squirms, I pierce my sword through his other sleeve so he wouldn't be able to get out. I kneel down and kiss him on the forehead. "Good Talk, pretty boy." I stand up and walk through the drawbridge.

"DENALI!! WHEN I GET OUT YOU'RE DEAD!!" I hear him yell. I laugh loudly and as do the Telmarines around me. They hold out their hands and I give them high fives.

"Husbands these days." I roll my eyes and they laugh.

~

We were having a celebration, a big feast. With drinking and dancing and loads of food. I put on a simple red dress and head down. I spot Lucy and Susan on the long table, I take a seat by them and smile. "Ed is not very happy with you." Susan says.

"Oh well, He'll just have to survive through the party without speaking with me." I say shrugging. The boys walked in and sat across from us. Edmund staring into the depths of my soul.

We ate after a few uplifting words from Aslan and we dug in. I never realized how hungry I was til I actually started digging in. I immediately stuffed my mouth til my cheeks were at the point of no more stretch. I sigh in satisfaction.

"Goodness, Denali, when was the last time you ate a proper meal?" Peter asks me.

"Vewy wong." I slur my words, my mouths still very full of food. I received a very large amount of laughter from everyone. I was so glad that the Telmarines were finally able to have a peaceful meal. I blush and smile. We finished snd couple of people were dancing and drinking. I looked at the time to realize that it was almost time for the surprise.

I sneak out, but I had a gut feeling I was being followed. I turn abruptly and face the opposite direction of where I was walking. A frantic Edmund bumping into me. "Where you heading, babe?" he says smirking. I grab his hand.

"Just follow me, idiot." I lead him to a secret staircase that Caspian showed me earlier today. It lead to a tower ledge that overlooked through all the kingdom. Just in time, I lean against the railing and the fireworks spark to life. Ed wraps his arms around me and rests his chin on my shoulder.

"I love you."

"I love you too." I lean into him as our lips connect to the illuminating sky.

~
I wake up, realizing what day it was I groaned and rolled back into my bed. It was very comfortable, but at the same time it wasn't because I was in the Telmarine castle. I sit up and I look to a bedside table with all my knives, swords, and bow and arrows. Some knives were on the floor because they wouldn't fit on the table. I sigh. "So what am I going to do with this?" I say to myself. I jump out of bed and walk out in my red velvet nightgown. I had no idea where I was going so I decided to ask a lady walking by. "Good Morning, I'm not sure where I am or where I need to be..." I say trailing off.