13

"Denali? Denali? Where are you? You gave to get dressed." I wake up, it was already about 1 in the afternoon. I look down from the tree to see Caspian on a brown horse holding another black horse, much like Ebony.

"Coming." I stand up on the big branch and straighten up my dress. I look at my surroundings and find a couple vines, coming from the trees. I give it a little tug and pull back. I hop on, kick off the tree and swing all the way to the ground. I land on my feet, startling the horses and also Caspian.

"You never cease to amaze me." he says as I swing onto the horse's saddle.

"Thanks for coming to get me." I say, "Race you back?" He smiles and without answering, snaps the reigns. "You little cheater!" I yell as I snap my reigns.

We race back to the Castle, it was neck and neck the entire time. Me pulling ahead but then he snaps the reigns again causing his horse to move faster. Unfortunately, he won. "I win! At least I know I can beat you at one thing." he says shrugging.

I chuckle and give him a punch on the arm, "Beginners luck." I say smirking.

"Whatever." We unsaddled the horses and put them back into their stables. I run into my room to find a dress already laying on my bed. It was beautiful. The different shades of green were compelling with the white, the top was a perfect fit and i asked one of the ladies to help tighten it. We wouldn't want a saggy torso. I laugh at my own jokes.

As the ladies finished doing my hair, I look at a mirror to see the reflection of my vanity to see a loose curly braid with white daisies cascading down my black and white hair. "Oh my goodness, I absolutely adore it! Thank you so much." I give them all hugs.

As i head outside, I spot Susan and Peter alongside Aslan. Just in time, Caspian joins me as Susan gives him a mournful look. I head inside and into the kitchen. I wonder what's up.

"Hello, Caspian." I say as soon as Caspian enters through the kitchen door, "would you like me to make anything?"

"No, I'm alright. Thank you for the generous offer though. Can we talk?" Quite nervously, he starts to pick on his cuticles. He looks down, seeming like he doesn't want to make eye contact with me.

"Is something wrong?"

"Do you think Queen Susan and I will work out? I love her very much, it's just that.." he pauses.

"I am very familiar with this feeling Caspian. I was abandoned by Edmund when I needed him most, and without a goodbye. Sooner or later they will be leaving but at least you'll see them again." I walk over to him and set my hands on his shoulders. "Trust me, she loves you too. I saw the way you looked at each other when you first met.." i pause and bite my lip. "Because that was the way Edmund looked at me when we first met."

"He never stops talking about you. During meetings, whenever he can, he brings you up. All he cares about is your safety and when we left you behind the night of the ambush he cried himself to sleep that night. He thought he lost you."

I wrap my arms around Caspian, "Thank you, good luck with Susan."

~

"Narnia belongs to the Narnians, just as it does to men. Telmarines that want to stay and live in peace are welcome to. Those who wish, Aslan will take you to our forefathers." Caspian starts.

"It has been years since we've been to Telmar." A man says in the crowd.

"I'm not referring to Telmar.." Aslan continues to explain where he is meant to send them, then turns to the Pevensies. I smile, "It is good for any who wish to have a new start." Aslan finishes. Murmurs come from the crowd as the all look at each other in amusement and curiosity.

"I will go." I turn towards the crowd as one of the Generals speak up. A scar bearing on his right eye. "I will accept the offer."

My smile widens as he walks forward and I slightly bow my head to him, as he bows back. As he walks past Miraz's wife she agrees also to follow along with this elderly man.

"Because you have spoken first, you're future will be good." Aslan inhales and breather on the tree that stands in the middle of the platform. The tree unwinds, causing clatter from the crowd. It ends with a hole split through the middle, as they walk through they disappear.

"How do we know he is not leading us to our deaths?!" One Telmarine shouts.

"Sire, if my example would be of service, I will take 11 mice through with no delay." I look down at Reep as he smiles up at me.

I turn to look up at Peter and Susan who were on the opposite side of the court as me. They all turn towards each other. "We'll go." Peter says stepping forward. Lucy and Ed look at him in confusion, as do I.

"We will?" Ed says then turning to me back at Peter.

"C'mon times up. After all, we aren't really needed here anymore." Peter takes off his sword and hands it to Caspian. I restrain myself from running towards them.

Caspian takes it hesitantly, "I will look after it til you return."

"I'm afraid that's just it," we have all now turned to look at Susan, oh please don't say it, "We're not coming back." my face falls.

"What?" I finally speak up, I step towards where Peter and Caspian stand. Caspian's face fell as well, Susan breaking eye contact with him.

"We re not?" Lucy asks.

"You two are," Peter says looking at Ed. A sigh of relief escapes my mouth whilst walking alongside Peter. "At least, I think he means you two." We follow Peter's eyes that land on Aslan.

"But why?" Lucy's face contorts into a confused expression, "did they do something wrong?"

"Quite the opposite, dear one. But all things have their time, your brother and sister have leaned what they can in this world. Now it's time for them to live on their own." Edmund takes my hand as he rubs small circles across the skin of my hand.

"It's alright, Lu. It's not what I thought it would be, but it's alright. One day you will too, c'mon." Peter takes Lucy's hand. Edmund and I follow. I stand in line along with the other Narnians. I give Lucy one hug and Peter a tighter, and longer one too.

We turn around and look at Susan as her's and Caspian's lips interlock. "I'm sure when I'm older, I'll understand." Lucy says. Peter and I both smile down at her.

"I'm older and I don't think I want to understand." Edmund says looking down and smiling at me.

"Be quiet, you understand completely fine what this situation is, Edmund." We turn towards each other,

"You look beautiful."

"Yeah, I know." We both laugh as he wraps his arms around my waist. My arms around his neck.

"Don't go kissing other kings when I'm gone. Hey Caspian, keep an eye out for Denali." Ed receives a laugh from the crowd.

"Would never dream of it." I say leaning in, he smiles as he closes the gap and our lips finally touch. I smile bigger once the crowd starts to cheer.

We separate and tears started to stream down my face, "I'll Never Forget you."

"This isn't goodbye." I turn to Susan and give her a hug. I go to stand by Caspian as he wraps an arm around my shoulders.They take one more look at us and Lucy turns once more, I blow her a kiss as well as Edmund. Ed walks in first, my smile shrinks as they disappear once more.

----------

End of Book 2

YAYAYAYAY THANK YOU GUYS FOR YOUR SUPPORT AND STICKING BY ME. WOOHOO IT'S DONE!