Ch. 14 - Show of Force!

I groggily sit up in bed with a yawn. Scratching behind my ear out of reflex, causing a bit of a twitch from my right leg. Before I can take in any kind of information I'm quickly greeted by a cup of coffee, handed to me by none other than Blake. I glance up at her and she motions over at Weiss, who's sat in her bed going over notes from our Grim Anatomy class. I let out a grunt of thanks and take the coffee from Blake, taking a large swig before setting it on the nightstand by my bed. I get up and gather my clothes and head into the bathroom.

After a nice long shower I emerge from the bathroom, stopping just as I go to pass the window.

There's a small fleet of Atlas ships stationed out in the courtyard. I stare for a few long moments before Blake speaks up from behind me, "They arrived a little before you woke up." She says. Turning a page in her most recent leisure book.

"A little much. Don't you think?" I ask aloud to the room. Turning away and plopping down on my bed, flinging open my semblance journal.

I don't get much of a response from anyone, just hums of agreement from the four girls. I quickly immerse myself in my thoughts. As has been the theme of the recent days. I haven't had much luck spurring on my semblance, only making myself collect a gnarly headache a couple of times. The pursuit of mastering, or even just learning, about this thing has gone from bewildering and exciting to hindering and frustrating. I've spent more hours than I'm sure I want to admit stuffing my face into my notebook and trying to come up with a new solution.

After a couple hours, Ruby goes to her bag and whips out a board game I haven't seen before, "The Kingdoms of Remnant," Ruby says, excited as I've ever seen her.

After some convincing, we head to the library. Though, when we get there, it comes to our attention that the game is only 4 players. After a short bit of discussion I offer to sit out, my reasoning being I need to study for an upcoming exam. A small lie.

JNPR joins us, sitting at the next table over, and I join them there. I set my notebook down and go back to brainstorming. Jotting down notes, crossing out old ones, and getting lost in thought. After a couple hours the game seemingly starts to come to its end, I hear Ruby cry out in dramatic fashion, then followed by Weiss. Jaune gets up and I focus in on my journal for a bit longer before I feel Jaune tap me on the shoulder.

I jolt a bit and turn to see him pointing at the table behind me, I turn and see Sun with that guy from the food fight.

"Ruby, Yang, Blake, Y/n... Ice Queen. I don't believe I've introduced you to my old friend," Sun starts, motioning toward the guy with blue hair next to him.

"Uh. Aren't libraries for reading?" He asks, looking down at the board game on the table.

Sun turns to him and grins, "Shut up, don't be a nerd."

"Heyheyhey," He stops Sun, lifting a finger into the air, "An intellectual, okay. Thank you."

He then turns to us and lifts up his hand in a small wave, "I'm Neptune."

"So Neptune," Weiss starts, giving her full attention to him, "Where are you from?" She asks. Clearly interested by the new face.

"Haven! And I don't believe I caught your name, Snow Angel," He quips, walking to her side of the table.

I hear Jaune groan and feel myself grin a little, "It's okay buddy." I console him. Patting him on the back from my chair.

"I never took you as the board game playing type!" Sun says to Blake, leaning onto the table beside her.

Blake looks up at him with her classic mysterious blank look, "Right. Well, I think I'm done playing, actually. See you guys later." Blake stands up and gently lays her cards on the table, moving Sun out of the way and trotting off toward the exit.