Part 21

Hi Babies, I hope you guys enjoy this chappie, and I love your feedback on each part. It gives me life. I love yall and enjoy!

"Nicki, why are you worried about him? He's an ex for a reason, right?" August said from behind me.

"August....there's more to it." I said trembling, and hugging myself.

"Hey, I'm here. You shouldn't be worried about someone from your past," He said while slightly gripping my shoulder. "right?"

"No...I..er....mean I......I..D....I-I-I don't know. Should I be worried about him?"

"HELL NO! You have me!" he said while placing his hands on his hips firmly. I looked up at him, he looked down at me and smiled. Looking away I shook my head at him. "Look Nicki, I know you might not like me but I want you to understand that I don't care. I will try until I can't try anymore. And I know that deep down inside that you like me too. So stop acting lik-"

"SHUT UP! DAMMIT JUST SHUT UP! YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT IT FEELS LIKE TO BE SEVERELY HEARTBROKEN! YOU DON'T KNOW HOW IT FEELS TO SEE THE ONE PERSON THAT YOU LOVE SO MUCH CHEAT ON YOU IN FRONT OF YOUR OWN EYES! STOP SAYING ALL THAT SHIT ABOUT ME WHEN WE BOTH KNOW THAT IT ISN'T HOW YOU FEEL!" I yelled before I could stop myself. I turned to see August looking away from me, his hands had dropped to his pockets and a flash of hurt crossed his eyes, but it was gone just as quickly as it had appeared. "August look, maybe we should just cancel this date-"

"Date? I didn't know this was a date, I would have went all out if I knew." he said still looking away, his eyes just a little wider from before.

"No, I didn't mean it like that. I just think that I need more time." I said looking down at the floor. His lips brushed against my forehead, and before I could look up he was gone. The only thing revealing that he was here was the faint smell of his cologne, and also the chill he gave me that spread against my skin as little droplets. What should I do?

TBC