The start

Melody POV

I was writing in my book that I really want to publish, but I can't do anything that will.

"Overshadowed my sister."

My sister Hope Mikaelson is the golden child who steals everything from me well, everything except my uncle Kol Mikaelson he is my father that practically raised me. And I don't care about my "birth father."

Klaus Mikaelson the Great Evil. Or whatever. And don't get me started on my mother who forgets she gave birth to me and left me to get my sister who was taken by witches when she was a baby I probably would have die right then and there is my uncle didn't find me. I was writing until I heard a knock on my door.

"Come in," I said, still looking at me, book. "What is my favorite neice doing?" My da- uncle Kol asked. "Just writing my book," I said as I looked up at him. "My little flower in, sorry, but your "parents" are sending you to Nevermore Academy for outcasts," he said, and I started to cry because this is how my family thinks of me.

"Hope is going were?" I asked, knowing that she is probably going to go to The Salvatore Boarding school for the Gifted. He said nothing and tried to find the right words to put it in. "She's going to the Salvatore Boarding school, isn't she?" I asked as he just nodded. I looked down.

"Are you taking me there?" I asked, hoping he would so I wouldn't feel alone. "No, I'm sorry, flower, but your dad is making me take Hope. Believe me, I want to go to Romanian with you and see my old school, but you know your dad," he said, trying to get to understand what he was trying to get at.

"I do sadly, but I don't want to go with him. I want to go with you," I said, hugging him.

"I know you do -" he was cut off.

"KOL, GET DOWN HERE THERE SOMETHING FOR YOU!" Klaus yelled for him. "ALRIGHT IN A MINUTE!" He yelled back. "Pack up. I'll be back," he said, leaving as I started packing my stuff.

I started with my witchy stuff. I can't leave anything that will be of use to Hope. I made a list

● grimoire
● crystals
● herbs
●candles
●my altar

Once I packed that into my duffel bag, I double-checked everything, and then I moved on to my art stuff, which is just a sketch book, and my pencils, as I was packing Kol came into my room witch I was happy to leave it was to small for me and had all of Hope's old things witch I then turned into things for me.

"My little flower, I have something for you," he said as he gave me a box. I opened it to see a witch craft box from my favorite small witch owned business, and it had everything in bulk, I know that this was well over $7,000, and I started to cry.

"How did you -" I was cut off by my sobbing. "Well, you know that she lives in Florida, so I told her who I was and exactly a little bit about you and how your life has been, and she was willing to do this this was ment to be a birthday present but now seems like a good time to give it to you," he said as I cried.

"Thank you," I said, crying as Kol helped me pack everything else and made sure nothing was forgotten. I don't have many things, so everyone fits into my duffel bag as I was zipping up my bag. Kol said something.

"I have one more thing for you," he said as he brought a box. As I opened it, it was a necklace with a dragon eye , which was purple