004

I'M CURRENTLY SITTING IN MY NATURALLY lit bedroom, my knees pulled to my chest as I lean my head against the wall behind me.

My parents have always been rude, cruel, and mean to me. Basically any bad thing you can be to someone, they are. However, they're never been this brutal to me before. I guess it's never too late to be an even ruder person, right?

I've always thought that my parents are harsh towards me because they favor Kiara. Now, though, I'm positive that they hate me, despise me, resent me.

And here I am, just like always, sitting on my ass in my room and wishing that I could magically transform into my twin sister.

Suddenly, my phone dings, snapping me out of my dark trance. I glance down at my phone, spotting a message on the banner: 'dead end', it was sent by JJ.

I push myself up, shoving my head into my shaky hands as I pace my spacious room. Anger is coursing through my entire body, consuming me in mere seconds.

"No," I seethe quietly as I grab a book from my bookcase, which I probably haven't read since the eighth grade. After grabbing the hardcover book, I send it flying at my wall, needing to relieve my anger in some way.

If anger was a person, it'd be me.

When I say that, I don't say it with pride and confidence. Instead, I'm ashamed. I could only dream of being gentle and kind. But, unfortunately, I'm the opposite of that.

Deep in my heart, I think I'm somewhat of a nice and loving person. However, my fury always overrides the feelings in my core. Besides, the thought is probably deep in my heart for a reason.

There's a quote I read during freshman year that states; 'There's no such thing as deep down. You choose the path that's shallow for a reason.' And ever since I read that quote, I knew I wasn't made to be how I wish I was.

I grab another book, launching it at my wall, which is surely going to be dented if I continue doing what I'm doing. I don't care, though. After all, it's just a stupid wall.

Smack.

Smack.

Smack.

I finally grow tired of hurling books at my wall, so I sink down my wall, tears streaming down my cheeks as I do so.

You're probably wondering why I'm so angry, given the fact that my family is already loaded with money and can afford anything I dream of.

However, I think the answer is obvious. At least, to me it is. I don't want to use a dime of my parents money. My goal is to make my life by myself. And, besides, my parents will just hate me even more if I use their money.

I just want off of this side of the island. Forever.

___

Kiara called me, wanting to know if I would like to go to a drive-in movie with her, Pope, and JJ. She said that she wasn't able to reach John B.

So, here I am, walking across an empty slot of land on figure eight, which is bound to be turned into a boring mansion by next year.

"So glad that they're still doing this." Kiara smiles, a foldable chair tucked at her side. "Keep calm, carry on. Back to 'OBX' life." She adds as she places her chair onto the freshly mowed grass. "Aren't you glad I made you guys come?"

"Ecstatic."

"My couch was pretty comfy if I'm being honest."

"Would rather be listening to music."