007

After our victory, I go home with Pope. Kie questions it but I just tell her that I don't wanna face Mom and Dad because of midsummers. She believes me.

I wake up to Pope throwing pillows at me. "Bro I'm up." I groan as I block some of the pillows.

"Good, get changed because you need to melt down the gold. We wanna pawn it." Pope states.

"You can't do it yourself?" I mumble as I rub my eyes harshly.

"Nope." Pope shakes his head.

I get up and rummage through my bag. I put on a cropped, salmon colored, button up. I make sure to leave the first button undone. I then slip on black jean shorts. I love them. After that, I throw on my white adidas sneakers. Lastly, I let my slightly messy curls flow down my back.

I walk outta the bathroom to see Pope and JJ sitting on the couch. Since when did JJ get here? "I'm done." I mumble, still tired. I notice JJ checking me out. "Eyes are up here, dumbass."

"Oh, shut up! I was looking at your hand!" He attempts to clear his name, although his voice is giving away the fact that he's lying.

"No you weren't." Pope exposes his friend.

"Whatever. Let me re-wrap my hand." I murmur before walking into the kitchen. I hear JJ shuffle into the kitchen from behind me.

"Let me help." He insists.

"Fine." I sigh, knowing that he'll get his way somehow. He grabs some bandages, and I watch, admiring his ring cladded hands.

What am I doing?

"Did the rope do this?" He asks with a worried expression on his face, his soothing voice snapping me out of my trance.

"Yeah, doesn't hurt too bad." I lie about the pain.

"I'm still confused on why they didn't just give you a cast." He says as he wraps my hand.

"I guess it's because it'll 'irritate the stitches' or some bullshit. They probably just wanted me to have to buy extra stuff from the store." I state with a laugh.

One thing about the people in Outerbanks, is that they want as much money as they can get. They don't care if it affects others, as long as the money in their bank account increases.

"Anything to get money these days." JJ jokes.

After he's done wrapping my hand up, we walk to John B's. Thankfully, it's not too far from Pope's crib, given the fact that the Heywards' house is placed on the edge of the cut.

I hop into the Twinkie, where the girls are sat. "Hey guys." I smile.

"Hey, Marley." They both greet in unison. We talk about last night for a few minutes before Kie takes a drawing out.

"He says it looks something like this." Kie states.

"So that's fifty feet down, will we have enough rope?" Sarah questions.

I shrug, wondering the same. One thing I do know for sure is that since there is going to be two people going down the well, we will need twice the amount of rope that we had last night.

Nothing comes cheap, nor free in the Outerbanks, so the rope will surely leave a dent in someone's wallet.

"I guess this is a little wagon, it looks like a goat. Straight to the gold room." Kie explains, grinning at whoever's horrid sketching skills were put onto the wrinkled up paper.