XLVII

"No fucking way."

"What's he doing here, Lina!?"

"I don't fucking know!"

"Killer isn't out there, he's alone! Call Killer, do something! I can't go out there!"

"Just do it!"

"No! Fuck that, fuck you!"

"Nior!"

"It's not fucking happening!"

"What are we gonna do then!"

"Call Killer!!"

"I'm fucking going!"

Bang, bang, bang.

"He won't stop knocking!"

"Answer it then!"

"No! Fuck that!"

"Nior, stop being a little girl!"

"I'll stay a little girl! Fuck that!"

Both me and Lina have been whisper-shouting at each other while tripping all around the house, trying not to be seen by Kid. Besides, what the fuck was he doing here?!

"Answer it!"

"Fuck!"

I took a deep breath.

"Don't cry, don't scream at him, just open the door, tell him to fuck off, and close the door. Easy. Super easy." I mumbled to myself as I opened the door, of course making sure I looked good before doing so.

I opened the door a little bit, just enough to see his handsome face and fire red hair. Oh I loved his hair.

"What are you doing here?" I said firmly, not looking into his eyes, only at his neck. That's all I could focus on or I might've cried.

"Nior.." he breathed like he was holding his breath for years.

I opened the door a little more, just so he could see me, and that's when I looked into his eyes. They were watering, and I felt mine do the same. He was handsome, too much to look at. His hair was a little messy but the flowers he held in his hand made up for it, along with his suit and tie.

"..Your tie is messed up." I said before I could think of anything else, and that's when a small smile appeared on his face, but it quickly disappeared just as quickly as it appeared.

"Yeah, you usually fix it for me.." He says as we continued staring at each other, at our faces, our bodies, our clothes, and most of all, at each other's eyes.

"What are you doing here? I thought I made it clear I didn't want anything to do with you." It hurt to say that but it was the truth, I ran away from him that same day.

"Have you read my letter?" He asks, taking a small step forward, clenching the flowers he held tighter.

"..Answer my question first."

He sighed and ran his hand through his hair, then he held the flowers out to me. I took them after a couple seconds of staring at them. I stepped back inside again, creating a safe distance for me to smell the flowers, my favorite ones.

"You know this isn't going to fix anything, right. I don't wanna see you, Eustass." I told him coldly, and he nodded with a small smile.

"I know, beautiful. That's okay, I messed up. But even if you don't wanna see me now, I'll still show up until you let me explain." He told me and I felt butterflies, but I hummed dryly instead of showing his words touched to heart.

"You're gonna have to do a lot more than this for us to even be in the same room again, and I mean a lot. So until I feel like we can, I don't wanna see you. I don't want anything you've given me either--"