Chapter 12: The Mad Dog He Hired

Jace's POV

Bullets flew across the room as screams echoed from the guests at the event attempting to push past each other to the exit. The men in black ski masks were pouring in from all directions both upstairs and at any exit that led outside.

There was no doubt about it.

This was an ambush.

"Aria! Go now!" Calix yelled, snatching her hand as Aria's eyes scattered across the room looking for something. She was not inching from where she stood, staring at the men shooting blatantly at anything that moved and clattering down the stairs. Her gaze shifted back to the woman by the entrance trying to scream at something as someone held her back.

The terrorists were shooting and barrelling down from every exit, taking out anyone who was standing in their way or wasn't fast enough to leave. They were definitely after something and they were coming right for us!

What the fuck was she waiting for?!

"Calix! There are kids up there!" She whipped around in a flash and before neither Calix nor I could protest, she snatched the gun right from the hidden pocket inside Calix's jacket and flicked off the safety from her own firearm.

"Fuck Aria!" Calix cursed attempting to reach for her to hold her back but Aria was insanely agile. She planted her foot down and launched across the room like an arrow precisely shot. My jaw was unhinged from staying gritted as she rammed her elbow into one of the terrorist's throats and fired her gun right at the head of the guy running in to attack her.

Both guns up, she shot out rounds, taking them out one by one as she ran up the stairs right into where she should not fucking be!

She had a gun in each hand and yet flawlessly was about to release the empty magazines on both guns before loading new ones into them from the belt around her chest. She was fucking crazy!

"Cazzo!" Calix cursed as she bulldozed her way up to the top floor, taking out anyone going at her with an immediate headshot. He slipped off his blazer, leaving just his white shirt as he pulled on his gloves. I watched him reach into his pocket and pull out the black mask he used to conceal his identity.

"Jace, get every civilian you can out of here," Calix commanded, his eyes wide and yet somehow with a slight flicker of impressed in them, "I'm going after her," He told me firmly, taking the gun I had in my sheath.

My job was to protect Calix, it had been my whole life's purpose since he left the underworld. But with a direct order like that, I had to trust he would make it out of there alive! "Yes sir!" I nodded, watching him take off in Aria's direction.

Calix's body slipped under the shots being fired, taking out the gunman that was aimed right at the door that people were running out of. I couldn't help the smirk that twitched on my lips. I didn't need to worry, Calix was a trained assassin and so was the mad dog he hired as a bodyguard.

They were both fucking crazy!

"Everyone out now!" I shouted, taking one last glimpse of my boss as he made his way up the stairs, firing rounds like a madman.

Aria's POV

The place was infested with gunmen and I was running out of magazines to stuff into these guns. There were about 10 of them left and half of them were clearly interested in robbing this place rather than killing anyone.

I kicked the guy closest to me in the jaw, watching his body fall to his knees as I fired the gun from over his shoulder at the other gun charging at me. This was a fucking art exhibit in a museum, of course, these are kids here.