Chapter 14: The Tech Rival

"You let him get away didn't you, you bitch?!" My father spat, his hand flinging the wine glass halfway across the room as it made impact with the floor of his study.

"Like I said, he wasn't an easy target to kill," I shot back stoically, keeping my eyes trained on the wall. I wasn't weak enough to stare at the floor but I wasn't in the mood to challenge my father tonight.

My consequences are all the same whether I do say something or not.

He laughed, a crazed look in his eyes before running a hand through his dead straight brown hair, "You couldn't kill a measly fucking henchman? You?" He mocked with another sardonic laugh.

He was right, I could've ripped that man to shreds, severed each of his arms from his body while he was still conscious for the crimes against stealing from the Escasina.

That was my task.

By as Julian sat on his knees, praying for me to spare him, spare his life for his daughter who cried for her father by her bed, I couldn't do it. He had stolen money from the cartel to send her to school after his wife died, and now he was going to pay for the crimes of simply being born into the wrong family.

I couldn't bring my knife down to slice his throat. I couldn't kill him in front of his weeping daughter who he was repeatedly asking for her to look away.

I should've fucking killed him. It would've saved me from this incessant grilling by my shitty bastard father.

"Where the fuck is he now?" He bellowed, throwing another glass which I moved my head out of the way before it hit the wall behind me.

I shrugged, maintaining my nonchalance, "No clue."

I told him to run. To take his daughter and get out of the country before I had a chance to hunt him down. Had a chance for my father to kill him and take away the only person his child had left for her in this world.

My father grabbed a handful of my hair and I bit the inside of my cheek to keep the tears from wetting my waterline. "You know what's coming don't you?" His upper lip curled in disgust as he glared at my dead eyes.

How could my mother ever have loved this fucking bastard?

I don't respond and he took that as a sign to exercise his dominance by shoving me down onto my knees. "Take her to the room,"

I already knew what was coming for failing my duties and as much as I tried to fight it, my subconscious was terrified of the room.

The men I hadn't noticed were standing by the door approached me. There were 6 other men in total in the room, armed and ready to make me submit. I always kill at least two of them every time this song and dance occurs.

This time they managed to hold me down and cuff my wrists behind me with heavy metal chains, enough to keep me on the floor. From the last couple of times I had been taken to the room, they had learned to cuff my feet as well.

I wasn't my father's most dangerous weapon for no reason.

"No." The words slipped out of my mouth as my subconscious started to panic. "No, no stop!"

The Room was a torture chamber made especially to hold the Escasina Assassin, aka me. My father was generous enough to have the chains and cuffs made especially for my size.

Make no mistake, though this wasn't exactly the Augustine Torture Squad, the small dungeon was my own personal hell because my father used the three things I was terrified of as a kid together.