17/ My Drunk Brother

Lesley Blue POV

As the minutes go on, I was feeling drained of energy, because the moment that Allie began babbling, (and might I add, she was babbling a whole lot) I know that I would get ignored for the rest of the night. Marcela and Royal eventually began doing this thing where they're going back and forth telling eachother extremely boring brief stories as if they haven't already heard everything from eachother in the two years they have been married.

The waiter finally brings us our meals, in which Marcela and I ordered pasta because we're normal, and then Royal orders a small cup of beans because he tries to save all the money that he could.

"It took you long enough!" He says too the waiter. Marcela turned bright red from second hand embarrassment, I probably did too.

"Yeah, well, it's not our fault that ugly dirt bags like you go out to eat when you could just grow cattails and eat those. It's pretty easy." I waiter argues casually and leaves with a smile.

"Yeah? Well, it's my wife's idea to go here!" Royal yells across the restaurant as he stands up. He sits down the moment that Marcela gives a sharp glance. "It's true!" He stammered.
"Yes, I'm not arguing!" Marcela argues.
"Can we hurry this along, so we can leave?" I ask politely.

I'm impatient, and that's just the way I am, but it takes great strength to not explode.

"Anyways," Royal says as he glances out the window. "You know I love people, but I love them less when they drive a giant Cadillac made out of gold, and they drive it over a curb."

So I look out the window that we were currently sitting next too. There was indeed a stunning gold Cadillac driving over the curb. The bright stars in the night sky reflect off the car's roof.

I just ignored it, and began to twist my spaghetti on my fork, however before I can think another thought, I can hear the sound of footsteps that sounded so awfully familiar. Where I was sitting, I can't see the doorway, but Marcela and Royal could.

I couldn't bear to look, because I recognize those footsteps so much. Marcela's eyes lit up. "Oh! There he is! There's Leo!"

"Who?" Royal dimly questions, "Lesley's brother?"

"Yes, yes, now shhh. Don't let him notice me." I whisper as I pull on my maroon knit cap. I know he could probably recognize my wavy blondness, and quite honestly, I don't want to deal with him. Don't get me wrong, Leo is a very nice man. He just has a tendency to run his mouth and talk really loud. He recognizes that he does get overly excited, but doesn't do anything about it. What's worse is that even though he's nice, he lacks empathy and morality and he has a tendency to either make fun out of you, squash you, or get very distracted, whether it's with himself or something from out the window. He talks a lot, but never listens, people could do both of those things a lot, like Marcela for example, but Leo likes to forget that other people have points. He also has a tendency to forget all sorts of things. He's the procrastinater of procrastinaters and it kills me that he doesn't acknowledge that.

Yes he's my brother, and yes I'm very observant, so I know him well.

Leo Blue and his long ass beard walk up to the table. He's wearing jeans and a jean jacket, both are slightly ripped and had some new food stains. It's all that food from the pile. It's weird that one has to go through that to win that stupid competition.

"Marcela!" He says enthusiastically.

"Leo Blue! I haven't seen you since that summer when you were leaving for college! Wow, you've gotten ugly! What doesn't kill you makes you older I guess!" She says joyfully as she jumps right out of that chair.