//When I say 'I love you,' I really mean 'Don't leave me'//

TW/CW: mentioned rape, fear of rape, None happens on screen but it almost does and is heavily alluded to.

Summary: Tommy had been living with the Crafts for a couple of months now. He felt safe for the first time since he was moved away from the twins. The safety that he only had fading memories of when with Dream, the family he only imagined from stories, he finally had that in Phil, Wilbur, and Techno (and maybe also Kristin. The possibility of having a mom, one with wings, is something that makes his bird brain shriek with delight whenever she's around.)

But he still had the fear that it was going to end.

Tommy was pretty sure this was not how Dream was supposed to be loving him.

The stories he remembered being read to him in the orphanage told of soft words and gentle touches that he had grown to long for.

When he first met Dream it was like that, it really was. Dream would tuck him into his bed at night, brush the hair away from his forehead, and give him a kiss like he'd heard the other children with parents got.

But after only a couple of months of living with him, Dream changed. Instead of caressing his cheek and wiping away his tears, Dream's hand left his face with a red stinging mark. Harsh dismissals when he asked for help preening his wings turned into threats to 'Stop acting like an animal before I cut those damn things off!' Comforting kisses against his head turned into cracked lips forcing themselves against his own, teeth digging into his neck, leaving marks no one would see because he was no longer allowed to leave the house without his collar pulled up high and Dream's arm pulling him close.

Dream said it was a reward. Acted like Tommy should enjoy it, strive for it.

He'd done such a good job restricting his instincts, holding down his annoying peeping, hiding away his wings no matter how badly they ached to stretch out. He behaved so well for Dream, but every reward left him feeling numb and violated.

Dream's rewards and punishments being so similar was what made Tommy start to believe that what Dream was doing was wrong.

When it's a reward Dream used his fingers and lube to make it hurt less. He'd say how well Tommy had been doing, he'd tell him how proud of him he was. Him saying how much he loves Tommy almost hurts more than his punishments.

Like the one he's getting right now.

Dream had brought him out for a walk. A late night stroll that he said Tommy earned for ' acting human' . He deserved the fresh air, a glimpse at the sky, even if it was shrouded in darkness. It was really late. Tommy was tired and the streetlights barely gave off any light making each shadow and sharp sound that much scarier to him.

Once the first scared chirp escaped, he wasn't able to quiet the rest that followed.

He wanted to stop, Dream was always nicer if he was able to stop without any reprimanding, but everything was too much, and before he knew it, he was pinned against a wall in a dirty alleyway with Dream's hands up his shirt.

It was too late now, no matter what he did, no amount of fighting or begging, once Dream started a punishment he would finish it.

He tried to let his mind drift. Think about happy memories so he didn't have to be present.

He thought about when he was five. He had just been moved to another new group home and met twin eleven-year-old piglins. They would listen to his cheeps and whistles, even though they had no idea what they meant. They would let him follow them around and protect him from the older kids who thought it was funny to torment the young avian. The feeling of their warm hooves carding through his feathers was a comfort that stayed in his memory, long after their names faded.