03

It was predictable. Sooner or later something like this had to happen.

No wonder the Atlantean Council didn't think much of Curry, because his behavior as king was like an indictment. Disrespectful in many ways. No wonder the Twelve didn't want to hear from Arthur. It might be that bureaucracy and diplomacy were not exciting, but falling asleep was not royal behavior.

Then came the attack. A ship easily breached the wall of Atlantis, despite the security, and the city was caught in the crossfire after the invaders were interrupted in their theft.

As it turned out, one of the invaders was a man with a score to settle with Aquaman.

While Curry was eventually able to operate the intruders, they were still able to take some of the loot and easily disappear, leaving a lot of casualties and devastation in their wake.

Of course, this attack played into the hands of the Council, who used this example to show the people how unfit Curry was to be king.

"Oh no," Arthur said as Norvina swam in and handed Nereus a scroll, "the Oracle of Delphi does us the honor."

"How many months has it been since I told you to take your task seriously and not be half a king?" Norvina replied curtly, turning to the holograms, "I thought this technology was extinct. Why... it no longer exists."

The energy source, the orichalcum, still exists, however, as it cannot be disposed of safely. The amount that remained was too much for a single storage facility, so twelve camps were created and guarded.

The sea dwellers had once nearly destroyed themselves and the sea. Their mistake was recognized in time, for not much longer and the resulting greenhouse gases would have caused their downfall.

A downfall that had once been prevented was now continuing, as the Manta had been causing the planet's climate to take on alarming proportions for the past five months.

It would soon end in a global climate catastrophe.

////////

At this point I look forward to hearing from you (: