10

At the sound of her name in a familiar voice, Norvina turned around to see an injured Orm standing still as soon as she turned to face him. The surprise to see her here was written all over his face. It had probably been the last thing in the world to see her here. Here and now of all times.

One of Nereu's soldiers had grabbed Atlanna's son by the arm, not primarily to help him, but simply to prevent him from disappearing. In his condition it should be wonderful and very easy for Orm.

Neither of them, neither Orm nor Norvina, said a word, but simply looked at each other. There they both stood. After all this time. After all that had happened. Just standing there, looking at each other without a word.

"You.... here? Why....?" Orm was the first of them to break the silence in a low tone, causing Arthur to look at his brother in surprise, then at Norvina, and a few seconds later to realize what it meant between them, "A surprise to see you, Lady Norvina. It pleases me, however."

"Hard to imagine, considering how popular the sea witches are," Norvina replied coolly, for it was Orm who had always made fun of her when it was her and not Vulko, "you look terrible."

"Do you really want to hear it from me? Although you should know by now," Norvina raised an eyebrow and tilted her head to the side, curious to see what Orm meant, "You were right. As so often... and yes, I understood what you meant once. And don't tell me how many years ago this happened. I know."

"We'll see if that's really the case," anyone could say it, so Norvina wasn't convinced and it remained to be seen if it was true, "you've done less crap in your time as king than he has."

A suppressed smile formed on Orm's face at Norvina's words. The former king's reign had been much longer than the current one, and the current one wasn't even close to Orm's.