11

There were seven united kingdoms during Atlant's reign, this had always been certain and known to all, but it was erased from the chronicles and the knowledge of it was not passed on. Those who knew about it were long dead, and even those who were told about it were dead. And over time, a story becomes less accurate and information is lost. Essential, banal and self-evident things. Like the name of the lost kingdom. Necrus.

One of the kingdoms, however, was like a curse to the remaining six. The Black City. Thanks to the mining of Orichalcum, Necrus became a superpower faster than any other.

But everything came at a price. The land, the sea, and even the mind of the ruler who ruled Necrus were poisoned. A tyrant, Atlant's own brother, Kordax.

But in an attempt to reason with his brother before the world truly perished, Kordax believed that Atlan wanted his power and used black magic to create a tool of evil. The Black Trident.

As a result, Necrus turned the rulers, his people, and himself into monsters. The War of the Brothers began.

In the end, Atlan was able to defeat his brother, whom he and Necrus had banished with a spell sealed with his own blood. All to ensure that Kordax's dark power would never be found. As a result, the Dark City was erased from the chronicles.

The evil would remain frozen for all eternity, but someone had found it. David Kane and the evil that possessed him.

It sounded like a dream. Much better than what had been assumed.

"Are you happy right now?" Orm asked at a time that couldn't have been more inconvenient, so Norvina gave him an astonished look, "Don't look at me like that, Vina. You will allow me to ask you this one question. I just want to know if you're happy. You don't have to answer more than yes or no. It's not about whether or not you're alone. I don't want to know that, I just want to know how you've been these last few years."

"If your brother were a better king, I would be better off. Many would be better off. I prefer your ignorance to his disinterest," Norvina replied as she entered the ship and turned away again, "I'm fine and I can't complain about my life in any way. In other words, I'm not doing badly, so there's no ...."

"That's not the answer to my question," Norvina was interrupted by Orm, who turned to him again and shook his head, "Nothing at all? Nothing at all? Really? You can't tell me that..."

"What do you want to hear? I've been trying to tell you for decades that there's more to it than you think. Nobody but Vulko ever really listened to me. I was always ridiculed by everyone else, and that hasn't changed to this day." Without responding to Norvina's words and her complaint, Orm approached her, pulled her into his arms, and when he noticed that she didn't resist, he gently pressed his cheek against her head, ".... what will..."

"You are not responsible for anyone's actions or deeds," without breaking the embrace, Orm pressed a kiss to his longtime friend's temple and waited, "One favor. One last one. You have a life, so live it. I've always loved you, so I want you to finally be happy. Do whatever makes you happy."

"We'll see how it turns out," Norvina said, "Everything else comes afterwards."

One thing at a time. Everything in order.