15

In the end, it was much easier than Norvina thought. And she didn't even need any help.

Some things in life were simple, and if you took a little time, found peace without distractions, and just started listening to yourself, it probably only took one more thing.

One step.

One first step. And it wouldn't always be easy or pleasant, but if no one dared to take it, everything would stay the same. And nothing would ever change. Maybe it would be uncomfortable, but most things in life are uncomfortable at first before they get better.

Our life is not a rehearsal. It only happens once. It is determined by opportunities. Even the ones we miss.

In a good mood, Norvina walked along the promenade, shielding her eyes as she looked up at the sun, which gradually began to color the sky red-orange. There was no trace of any unusual coloring, like green, and the air smelled of the sea. This will be it. No question about it.

It was crowded as in the afternoon. People were walking on the beach; taking advantage of the remaining warm minutes of the day in the water, though there were some who were there in the early hours of the morning because it was still quiet and empty, or eating and drinking at the countless options of small and large shops that were nearby.

"Mh-mh," Norvina sat down on the bench near the shore with a blond man who was staring at the water, lost in thought, unconsciously playing with his fingers before his gaze wandered to her, "The upper world, then. Incredibly horrible."

"You could say that," Orm replied indifferently, but it was clear from his gaze, which now rested on his old friend, that he seemed a little surprised to see her in this place, "What are you doing here?"

"Atlantis doesn't make you happy. It never has," Norvina replied, breathing heavily and shaking her head, looking at the horizon, "Nothing down there makes you happy. I feel like I don't belong there."

"I'm sorry for you," but Norvina turned to Orm, tilting her head slightly and giving him a sober look that made him press his lips together to suppress a smile, "You can only say the wrong thing as far as you're concerned."

"Then don't," Norvina chuckled, taking Orm's hand and resting her chin on his shoulder, "You're not good at finding the right words. You never were."

"Thank you," Orm nodded knowingly and looked at Norvina a little later, "You me, too."

No one knows in advance if today is going to be the best day of their life. The days you expect sometimes turn out to be just the opposite. They are never as beautiful as you imagined.

They are the ordinary days, most of the time such a day starts quite normally....and at the end of the day you realize that it was the best one.

You don't realize the best day of your life until you're in the middle of it. Only when it happens. When you give yourself completely to something or someone. When your heart is broken. When you meet your soul mate. And then you realize there will never be enough time. You realize you want to live forever.

And those are the best days.

The 'perfect' days.