14

Help arrived.
Enthusiasm definitely looked different.

The help from Atlantis came in the form of King Nereus, who brought medical help and his soldiers, and rather quickly.

When Xebel's king arrived, Norvina looked up briefly and thought for a moment that he had rejected his daughter's call for help because he was a resident of the upper world and not from Atlantis.

Some might laugh at this thought that Norvina had and wonder how she could come up with such an absurd idea, but it was easily explained. The past and how she had grown up. Therefore, it was not strange to have such a thought.

"Come on, you're done," Norvina was taken by the shoulder blades by Orm as one of the doctors leaned over Tom because she just wouldn't take her hands away, "That's all you can do. It's out of your hands if he makes it or not."

"As is so often the case," Norvina said more casually as she watched the doctor attach all sorts of cables and tubes before wiping her bloody hands on her clothes, "maybe he'll get lucky."

After Tom's expert examination, it didn't take long for the doctor to tell them that everything was going to be fine. At least that was good news.

Another, that Kane had been stopped, would be the best news of all. If that was the case, they could start repairing the damage bit by bit. It would take time, but it could be done. Quite possible. Not everything, but some of it.

Atlanna had one last wish before she had to stop Kane and bring back her grandson who was in Antarctica. It had once been her dream, which had finally come true for Atlanna, to see her two children standing together like brothers. Yes, and the excitement on Orm's face, big and this one, grew even bigger when his mother wanted them both to promise to protect each other. This included the younger son, who gave a weak, rather reluctant nod in agreement, as his mother insisted.

"Norvina," Orm could be heard to say in an unusually quiet tone as he walked over to the redhead, took one of her hands and intertwined his fingers with hers, "no matter what the outcome, find something you love or find joy in. You were meant to be my wife, always have been, my queen, but I have never understood why that is not the case with you, though it is a desire for many to become king or queen. Perhaps a seal would be something for you....though piranhas or a moray eel might be more up your alley."

"You won't believe it, but the Sea Witches are much friendlier and more accommodating than you think," Norvina replied with a smile, looking down at her and Orm's hand, "In another time, under different circumstances, things might have been different with us. But that is not the case. I'm sorry... You should go. You don't have much time."

Sadly, Orm began to nod and tried to say something back to Norvina, but he couldn't quite manage it, so he wrapped both hands around her right hand and pressed it to his lips in farewell.