12

It wasn't over yet. Not by a long shot.

There was a new state of affairs, which was generally very valuable, and yet it was hardly better than before. David Kane was still far ahead of them and there was still no plan to stop him. Not to mention that any of them knew exactly what his plans were. He was after Kordax and Necrus, and then what? There was always an after, so what would come after the city was thawed and Kordax was freed?

"The ice should be the least of Kane's worries," Norvina muttered and sat down next to Orm after she had come out of the window to find out how much everything had changed, "If he really is connected to Kordax, he knows everything, or at least as much as Kordax told him..."

"But even if the ice sheet melts, Kordax can't be freed," there were always ways and means, no matter how confident Mera was in that assumption, "Atlan's blood magic keeps Kordax in his prison. Only Atlan himself can free him.

"Manta doesn't need Atlan for that. Manta needs .... Atlan's blood," it suddenly dawned on Atlanna, who had been sitting rather quietly and introvertedly in the ship and now stood up, "The blood magic is based on DNA. The key to Kordax's prison is the royal bloodline itself."

"That means he needs either blood from you, from me or from Arthur," Orm added, but Norvina already closed her eyes, "We are the end of the bloodline."

No, but Orm had no way of knowing that little detail. There was another generation.