Chapter 10

A/N - You don't have to listen to the video above on repeat while reading this chapter like I did when I wrote it. I just thought it would set the mood during the main fight, since I can't actually write good fight scenes. It is up to you.

I stood still, staring at the scene in front of me absent-mindedly.

I was caught up in a crowd, watching a villain attack in progress. The heroes who were called to the scene weren't doing anything, but rather standing around heroically for the camera's.

My eyes hurt from how much I cried earlier. Every day, people trampled on my dreams. But today, my idol joined them.

I watched the hostage, who I recognised as my childhood best friend, struggle against the sludge villain.

"I was told I couldn't be a hero my whole life..." I muttered. "I still want to be one but... if I save him... I will just get yelled at..."

The victims eyes met my own, pleading for help. I knew that he would never admit it, but he was scared.

"That's not good... is it?" I mumbled. "He will hate me if I help him... he will hate me regardless actually."

I shivered under the victims crimson gaze, unsure what to do.

"What do I want to do?" I wondered. "I want to be a hero, but that is impossible. I want to help, but I will only get in the way. All Might, Kacchan, my teachers... everyone said so. Even mum doesn't believe in me..."

I straightened his back and began making my way through the crowd, determined to help my childhood friend.

"But even so, I can't leave him." I decided.

As soon as I forced my way to the very front, I bumped into a familiar student. Or more like his clone, with the student himself beside him.

"Shinsou?" I asked in confusion.

"Yeah?" The student and his clone responded simultaneously.

Now that the I got a closer look, I realized that the two purple haired boys in front of me weren't that similar. One of them was the student I knew, Shinsou Hitoshi, who had gravity defying lavender hair, massive eyebags below his light violet eyes, and a skinnyish frame. He was also wearing the Aldera Junior High school uniform and carrying his signature dark grey bag.

The second boy had darker purple hair that framed his face neatly, and was just a tad bit taller. He was wearing a black turtleneck along with black jeans and black gloves. Every inch of his skin was covered in black clothing. His pale face contrasted with his dark attire quite nicely, almost glowing white. His eyes sparkled like gemstones in purple and blue hues, and his general complexion was gorgeous. His posture too, was very confident compared to the student next to him. Overall he had a very 'pretty boy' aesthetic; straight out of a dating sim.

"Uh, um." The greenette didn't know what to say, finding himself lost in the strangers jewel like eyes.

"Midoriya?" The real Shinsou broke the awkward silence.

Well, as silent as a crime scene could be.

"Huh? ah, yeah. W-what are y-you doing so c-close to the vi-villain?" I managed to stutter out.

"My brother here wants to be a hero, so I decided this would be perfect training for him." The stranger replied instead of Shinsou. "I'm assuming you are here to rescue the hostage as well?"

How the hell did you know that? "Uh, yeah. Th-the heroes weren't doing a-anything and, uh, well, Kacchan is m-my friend s-so."

The stranger, Shinsou's brother apparently, nodded.