Chapter 28

~Third Person POV~

Aizawa sat still, his eyes wide as he stared at the screen before him. His fingers trembled slightly as they sat on his lap, memories of a certain serial killer flashing through his mind.

"Shota?" Present Mic questioned his friend, breaking the man out of his trance. "You oka-?"

"That kid... he's just like..." Aizawa muttered, interrupting Hizashi. "Those moves... the.... it..."

He stood up suddenly, his chair scraping against the floor loudly. Everyone in the control room turned to look at him, concerned at how their usually rational colleague was acting.

"Eraserhead?" Nezu called out. "Is something the matter?"

Aizawa's eyes were wide. He whispered something under his breath, although not many teachers managed to catch it. Only Hizashi, the man who sat closest to Aizawa in that moment, heard what he said. "Undead."

Without so much as an explanation, Eraserhead rushed out of the room. He sprinted out of the building, desperate to catch up to Shinsou Hitoshi.

It took longer than expected for the hero to catch up to the boy, but the sight that greeted him was even more unexpected. The moment Aizawa laid eyes on the second person walking alongside Shinsou, he stopped dead in his tracks.

It's him.

~Aizawa Shota's POV~

"Recovery Girl was so cool!" Hitoshi explained happily. "And she was worried bout me, and gave me this gummy- oh and look! My hands were all bloody before but the gummy healed them! Do you think she imbued her quirk into them?"

"Maybe." Undead hummed from beside the boy, nodding along to all his ramblings. "Do you think you did well?"

"Uh... maybe?" The purple haired boy shrugged. "I took down five three pointers, three two pointers, and maybe ten or so one pointers. So I should have thirty-one points in total at least."

"That's only for taking down villains." The masked killer scoffed. "This is a hero exam. Obviously there will be points for rescuing people. Did you help anyone?"

The conversation felt foreign to me. The world suddenly went quiet, and all I could hear was the distorted voice of the criminal, walking next to an innocent hero-to-be.

Confusion washed over me like a tidal wave. I stood in silence, watching the two kids from the shadows of a building. They were the same height, same build, having a normal conversation someone their age would have. And yet, that was not the case. 

One was wearing a used black shirt and a pair of tracksuit pants, carrying a light grey bag, with his purple hair ruffling in the wind. He was smiling, too. It was a genuine smile. Something you don't see often on kids who have been what he's been through.

The second one was clothed in all black, hood up, with only the hands exposed. His outfit was littered with tears and bullet holes; some sewn up, while others left and exposing the porcelain white skin underneath. A black metallic mask sat on his face, hiding his identity. His voice was distorted as he spoke, and yet, somehow, I could tell he was enjoying Shinsou's company.

"Ah, sorry, I tore up your gloves during the exam." Hitoshi apologized, handing the serial killer a pair of scruffy fingerless gloves that could no longer stay on the hands of the killer.

"What did you even do to them?" Undead asked in exasperation. 

He sounds mad, I realized. I need to stop him before he kills Shinsou.