Chapter 27

~Eraserhead's POV~

Another year, another entrance exam.

The written one was peaceful. No one cried this time, at least.

And now, the practical exam was about to begin.

I took my seat at the end of the row of teachers, preparing myself for another round of disappointment. I could only hope for a few interesting students this year. Constantly having to expel people is becoming a huge chore.

Not to mention having to train and send out those who don't get expelled into the real world. I shivered. I don't want to be the reason these kids die at the hands of villains. If I don't see enough talent, I'm kicking them out. They can hate me all they want. It's for their own good.

A shadow approached me, morphing into the image of Undead's mask and the bullet marked hoodie he always wore. I inhaled sharply, only to be met by a bright grin of the shadow's owner.

"Heya Shota!" Hizashi greeted me, plopping into the seat next to me. "I have high hopes for this bunch! What about you!?"

I closed my eyes, sighing slowly before opening them once more. "No."

"Wow! As pessimistic as ever!" Hizashi commentated, turning to his other side. "And you, Nem?!"

"There seem to be a few youthful ones." Midnight licked her lips as she gazed at the screens before us, all trained on the groups of students in front of the gates of their sectors. "So eager too!"

"That's the spirit!!" Hizashi grinned, giving Nemuri a double thumbs up, before glancing at the clock on the wall. "Ah, it's time..."

He clicked a button on the panel in front of us, opening the gates to each training sector and activating the robots. None of the potential students moved, confused. Except for one.

One student shuffled towards the gate, away from the group. He stood on the edge, looking at the robots with doubt. He glanced at where he knew the camera was, and it seemed like he was almost looking through it, at us.

Isn't that... I looked closer at one of the screens.

"FUTURE HEROES AND HEROINES IN TRAINING!!" He announced for all the students to hear out of the loudspeakers at each testing ground. "A REAL BATTLEFIELD HAS NO COUNT DOWN!! GO GET THE VILLAINS WILL ALL YOUR MIGHT!! PLUS ULTRA!!!"

That was all the confirmation the students needed.

The student who had already slowly approached the gate was the first to take off, his reflexes sharp and his movements taking up no extra space or time in his mad dash. 

No, that's no mad dash, I realized. All his moves are calculated. No extra swings. Every step is identical. Who in their right mind would go through the effort to do this? 

The rest followed, those with speed quirks overtaking him, but not without some struggle.

I looked at the students file, already guessing who it might be by the gravity-defying hair, but needing confirmation. As I pulled it out, I noticed Nezu looking at me from further away, but I ignored him for now.

Shinsou Hitoshi
Quirk: Brainwashing

Shinsou... My eyes widened. Just slightly. And it's Hitoshi, too, not Ryujiki.

During the exam, a few notable students appeared. Although I took note of them, my eyes always eventually trailed back to the purple haired boy. His quirk was brainwashing, I knew that much. In fact, I remember just how weak he was, the few times I met him. His brother was the stronger twin.