💙Something🦋

Sorry, I kinda left you guys hanging for a while, here's a short but sweet one.

Reagan's POV
Brett and I are hanging out on a lazy Sunday, watching some random reality TV show Brett recommended.

I glance over at him, and I feel a small flutter in my stomach. Not exactly an overwhelming feeling, just something there. There's always that 'something' when I look at Brett. I'm not sure exactly what it is, though.

It's not an extreme sensation that screams 'I'm in love!' Or a feeling of anxiety or fear. It's just.. a feeling. A small, yet noticeable feeling. The weird thing is, it only happens around Brett. I don't know if it's because I feel safe or happy around him, but the feeling always gets me thinking 'I'm content.' Content to be close to someone without it being complicated for once.

A soft smile forms on my face and I lean a little closer to Brett, our shoulders almost touching as our hands brush against each other. He smiles at me, a small gesture that shows me he's feeling it too. That same 'something'. It's like a thing we both subconsciously know we have, and only for each other. It's not quite love, but it's not quite friendship either. Whatever it is, I'm content with it. I don't need things to change, I'm happy with things the way they are.

It may sound strange to just anyone, but to us, it feels right. We don't need to say "we're in love" to know we care about each other, or to have this bond. Nothing needs to be said. All we need is each other, and that's enough.

I'm okay, happy even, with this something. I like things the way they are, simple and happy. Not complicated or awkward, just nice and simple. That's how it is between me and Brett, and I'm okay with that.