Chapter 1

Amaris's POV

"The show will start in 5 minutes! Everyone please be ready!" it was our ballet mistress who announced.

I swallowed a lump on my throat, feeling nervous if my family would be there. Mabigat akong napabuntong hininga para pakalmahin ang sarili.

"Its okay, Amaris." I whispered to my reflection on the mirror and closed my eyes. Breathe in, breathe out.

"Seriously? Is the swan queen that nervous? Should I tell mistress about this so that she can still change the position to someone who's more deserving?" I heard Freia talked behind me. She was obviously pertaining herself.

I opened my eyes and looked at her through the mirror, arching a brow.

"Don't worry, Freia. I am fully aware that I am that deserving for the position." I faked a smile and stood up from the vanity mirror.

Hinarap ko siya at nilapitan. Nanghahamon niya akong tinignan habang nakataas ang kilay. Hindi ako nagpatalo at mas madilim siyang tinignan.

I glared at her intensely and a smirk crept on Freia's lips.

"Ladies! The show is about to start, position everyone!"

Natigil lang kami sa pagtitigan nang magsalita si mistress. Umirap si Freia bago naunang maglakad pumunta sa stage. Taas noong sumunod ako at pumesto sa gitna ng stage.

All the dancers began to run to their position as the big red curtains opened up. The spotlight hit my vision as the music echoed the place, dancers began to dance.

Since I was the swan queen, I was the center of the show. Pouring all my skills I've learned and practice for months. The nervous I was feeling, faded as soon as I started dancing.

I danced gracefully as my eyes locked on the empty seat beside dad. Of course, as usual, mom didn't arrive.

As I took over the stage with my performance, the crowd went wild, clapping and cheering relentlessly.

However, deep down inside, I couldn't help but feel a lingering emptiness and a yearning for something more genuine. I realized that I only wanted the appreciation from my mother and not all of these people who were cheering and clapping for me.

The appreciation and admiration of my mother is the only one whose applause mattered to me most.

I bit my lips desperately holding back my tears. As I ended the show with a bow.

Smiling widely in the front of the crowd, finally after months of practicing, our show turned out to be so magnificent. A breath taking show thanks to our ballet mistress.

"Congratulations Amaris!" it was my twin, Xaven who immediately embraced me into a hug as soon as I walked to them after the show on the backstage.

Nasa likuran niya si dad na malawak na nakangiti. May hawak itong malaking bouquet ng flowers habang unti-unting lumapit sa akin. He handed me the a pink peonies bouquet with a wide smile as I smelt the flowers, the pleasant aroma filled my nose with a blissful scent of nature. The pink peonies were beautiful in their vivid, vibrant colors as I smiled back at him as he pulled me into a warm bear hug.

"Congratulations, anak." he said and tighten the hug. Dad rubbed my back and gently kissed my shoulders.

Alam niya kung ano ang nararamdaman ko.

"Si mom po?" I finally managed to asked without breaking my voice.

"She's busy." it was Xaven who answered.

I pouted. "Of course. Like always." mahinang bulong ko at kumalas ng yakap ni dad.

He looked at me solemnly as I gave him a forced smile.