Chapter 14

Amaris POV

It was finally Mom's birthday, and Dad had given us a hint that she was coming home early from the States just to celebrate her special day with us before heading back.

Xaven and I wanted to surprise her, as we have always done in tradition. We would spend the day of the birthday with the family, and the following day would be dedicated to a big celebration with a multitude of elite guests. Politicians, CEO's, biggest business owners and tycoons, big people with big money, you name it.

"Amaris are you already done with the banners?" ani ni Xaven na galing sa kusina.

"Yeps, how about the ballons?" I asked. I was encharge about the banners while he was on the ballons. Hindi ko alam kung ano ang ginawa niya sa kusina.

Since the surprise party was being held in our backyard, I sought assistance from the maids and assistants to help us decorate the area. Colorful balloons were scattered across the pool, twinkling fairy lights hung in the air, and a giant banner reading 'Happy Birthday Mom!' was in the centre of it all, serving as a striking and eye-catching centerpiece.

It was just a small celebration with us, and I hope mom appreciate our efforts.

For the cake, Xaven and I had come up with a unique plan. Each of us would present Mom with our own version of her birthday cake, creating an element of surprise for both her and ourselves. It would almost be like a competition to see who could come up with the best cake.

Since I knew how to bake, I decided to make a strawberry-flavoured cake with white icing and strawberry bits for decoration. Knowing that Mom was a fan of strawberry ice cream from Baguio when we went for a vacation there last year, I believed she would appreciate a strawberry cake.

I even had a video of her eating so many strawberries, almost doing a mukbang. Hindi ko din nakalimutan ang kwento sa akin ni Dad kung paano nagcra-crave si Mom ng strawberries nung buntis pa siya sa amin. In short, strawberries are her favorite.

Pouring all my heart and soul out, making sure that once Mom took a bite of my cake, she would feel my love for her.

"Oh my gosh! Magugustuhan niya 'to panigurado!" tili ko at nag twirl habang nakatingin sa cake na ginagawa ko. Tapos ko na iyon idecorate at ngayon nakapatong sa ibabaw ng cake stand.

I took a picture of it and another one with a selfie. Nakapeace sign ako habang nasa tabi ko naman ang cake.

I am shrieking with excitement! OMG! Hindi na ako makapaghintay pa!

Spending for almost 5 hours on baking a cake and total of 15 hours preparing for everything, Dad told us Mom will arrive at 6PM by schedule.

Itinago ko sa aking likuran ang ginawang cake habang nasa loob naman ng box ang kay Xaven.

"Andito na po siya!" impit na tili ng isang maid, siya ang nakatoka sa may pinto para magbantay kung andyan na ba si mom.

We switched off all the lights and prepare for surprising her. I bit my lower lip in excitement.

"Bakit patay lahat ng ilaw manang?" it was Mom's voice echoing inside the house, her heels were clacking loudly on the tailed floor.

"Nagkaroon po ng powercut," our head maid lied.

"Ang mga anak ko? Nasaan sila?"

"Umalis po. Ma'am may nag aantay po palang business investor ninyo sa likod po."

"Investor? Akala ko ba cancelled lahat ng appointments ko ngayong araw?"

"Hindi ko din po alam e,"

Rinig na rinig ko kung paano mas lumalakas ang usapan nila at ang mga yabag na unti-unting lumalapit sa kinaroroonan namin.