one crazy idea

We all sat in a booth next to a window. Just like in Starbucks... yesterday? Was that yesterday? It feels as if we've known Mel forever.

The sun was starting to consider going down. Which is an odd way to put it, but I don't know how else I could say it.

I sat by Josh on one side of the booth and Mel sat by herself on the other.

"Well, now I feel bad. Mel has to sit all by herself on that side. She won't have anyone to keep her warm!" Josh pouted. "Tyler, keep Mel warm," Josh nudged me out of the seat. "It's a fact that women have thinner skin than guys, so they get cold easier..."

"Fine, I'll keep Mel warm," I rolled my eyes at Josh.

"I'm not that co-" Mel started, but Josh cut her off.

"Shush. Tyler is here to save you, poor, lost soul..." Josh said in some type of therapeutic voice.

"Alright, I'm fine with that," Mel shrugged. I sat by Mel, she looked at me and smiled.

"I'm gonna be honest here, you guys would make a good couple," Josh said, quietly.

I felt myself blushing. "Shut up, Josh..." Mel giggled.

"Hey, I'm fine with it." I smirked and put my arm around her. She looked at me with that look.

"Hey, back up, man. I'm waiting until marriage." She said. We all burst out laughing, gaining a couple glares from people around us.

Eventually, we finished our very high-class meal, sarcasm intended, and were ready to say goodbye. Well, they were, I sure as hell wasn't.

"I'm gonna miss you guys so much," She said. "Please, come back soon."

"We will, Mel. Don't worry," I said, smiling. "This is our favorite place."

"I don't want to lose you guys like I lost everyone else... but I guess I can deal with being lonely for a bit." She sighed and looked at the ground.

"I can't take this anymore..." I mumbled before I wrapped her in a huge bear hug. "I don't want you to be lonely..."

"T-Tyler..." Mel said, a little bit of joy in her voice. What I always want to hear when she's sad.

"You don't deserve to be left here without no one else..."

"Hey... I just had a crazy idea..." Josh said, smirking a bit. He looked at me then Mel. "How about you come on tour with us?"

"S-Seriously?" Mel sounded completely shocked. That was a good idea. A very good idea.

"Yeah! It would be awesome!" Josh grinned.

"That's amazing! Thank you, guys!" She said, smiling like a maniac and hugging us. I think her eyes were even starting to water from happiness.

.Josh's POV.

I was so excited! Tyler & I finally got to spend way more time with Mel!

We made plans and managed to clear her schedule right up. Surprisingly, it wasn't that full.

"I'm sure my boss will let me go. He doesn't care much anyways." She chuckled.

"Where do you work?" Tyler asked.

"Low-paying office job." She shrugged, chuckling.

"Sounds extravagant," I said, chuckling also.

"Very," Mel added.

Silence.

"Well, I guess we should give you a tour of the bus then!" Tyler offered.

"Sounds great!" She smiled.

"Follow us, and beware of clothes lying around. That wasn't us, I swear." I said, suspiciously.

"Don't worry, I barely noticed. I'm the messiest human being ever." Mel chuckled.

"Thank goodness. I can't handle neat freaks," Tyler said, I rolled my eyes.

"What, Josh?" He tilted his head in confusion.

"You used to be a neat freak, admit it." I chuckled.

"That was, like, when I first met you," He chuckled. "God, that was so long ago. I was picking up your shirts, socks, and those little bags for tacos from Taco Bell. I couldn't stand it!"

"He really does love Taco Bell, doesn't he?" Mel asked Tyler. Tyler nodded and added, "and cats, aliens, me..."

"Oh yes, I sure do love you, Tyler." I said, sarcastically.

"Thanks, man!" He smiled and patted me on the shoulder. I looked at him, then my shoulder in disgust.

"Dude, you got your Pizza Hut grease on one of my favorite shirts." I frowned. How could he? My shirt covered in cats. He touched my cat shirt. I thought I could trust him.

"I'm so, so sorry Josh."

"Tyler..."

"No, Josh! Please! I'm sorry!"

"You're out of the band!" I yelled. He fake cried and ran into the bathroom, slamming the door. I swear I saw him trying not to laugh.

Mel was watching the whole time, lookimg confused as heck.

"It's a thing we do... quite often, actually. He's not actually out of the band." I explained.

"Uh... okay..." She said, more in the form of a question.

"Tyler! Tyler come on out! I'm sorry I yelled at you like that... I didn't mean anything I said." I shouted, knocking on the bathroom door.

"How often does this happen?" Mel asked.

"More often than you think." I smiled.

She smiled back. "Here, let me help you get him out of there." She walked up next to me.

"Tyyyylerrrr, come on out Tyylerrr, I've got your favorite treat! I know you want it!" she said, "What's Tyler's favorite food?" she quickly whispered to me.

"Um... I forget... mostly everything." I mumbled.

"Damn you. How do you forget your best friends' favorite food?" She whispered, shamefulness spread across her face.

"I'm not coming out!" Tyler suddeny yelled, startling us both. We both giggled at each other.

"What will it take to get you out of that bathroom, Tyler?" Mel asked.

"I want Josh to leave!" He yelled.

She gaved me the 'do-what-he-said' look and I walked into the area where the bunks are, taying as quiet as possible.

"Is Josh gone?" I heard Tyler say.

"Yes, Tyler, he's gone." Mel laughed.

I heard the door open, I wanted to get a closer look. So, I slid the end of a bunk closest to the door. As quietly as I could, I opened just a sliver.

"Where's my favorite treat? Did you lie to me?" Tyler asked.

"I didn't lie... I have it right here!" She said, reaching into the cupboard behind her, grabbing a package of cheap napkins.

"Okay, I don't even use napkins. How could you think they're my favorite treat?" Tyler gasped.

"I'm sorry... what is your favorite snack?" She asked.

Tyler rolled his eyes and walked to the mini-fridge, opening it and grabbing a red popsicle. "Want one?" He offered.

"No thanks." She said.

"Suit yourself." He shrugged, licking th popsicle.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

how dare she not take the popsicle
I wamted to do something cute but it just didnt fit the situation lol sorry
and also im super sorry for not updating for so long !!
wattpad isnt working on my phone so im writing this on my tablet but I hate the keyboard on this thing so forgive me for spelling mistakes I tried really hard

so long and goodnight x
- hannah;