brother

"Tyler... at the time we broke up, I was planning on proposing." My voice started to get weaker with every word. Saying it out loud was even worse than in my head.

"I'm so sorry to hear that, Josh..."

"You don't understand, Tyler. I loved Debby. Every day I spent with her was the best day of my life. And now it's over. I don't know if she even gave me a second thought, if she still even cares..." By now I was crying. Tears were streaming down my cheeks, burning my eyes.

I felt Tyler hug me. "Josh, it's okay. Just breathe..."

"What if she has already moved on?"

"Josh. Never ask questions you don't want to know the answer to. I know you really miss Debby, and she probably feels the same way. It's how break-ups work. It happens to everyone."

"I'm sorry for crying like this and wasting your time this way... I don't know how you still put up with me. After all of this time you're still always there, wasting your time on me..." I choked out.

"Joshua William Dun. Look at me," Tyler said, seriousness within his voice. "These past years have been the best years of my life. Because you were my best friend. And still are. Who am I kidding, you're my brother-"

"You can be my brother. Josh Joseph doesn't sound very good. I don't want kids to make fun of my initials being JJ. Tyler Dun sounds better."

"Whatever you want, brother."

I smiled and hugged him.

"Thank you for everything, brother."

.Tyler's POV.

Mel got back from her apartment, but her eyes looked puffy. She must've been crying. Poor girl... I felt so bad for her. She's been through so much.

"Hey guys, I'm back," she said. Her voice sounded shaky too.

I wish I could show her how much she means to me... tell her everything's alright...

"Hey, Mel!" Josh said, racing to the bus door. "Let me help you lighten your load." He said, taking a couple of her bags. She had quite a few bags.

She sat by me on the couch and kissed me. "I'm so excited to go on tour with you,"

"Me too," I smiled.

I saw Josh creeping again, so I picked up a shirt from the ground and threw it at him so it would cover his head. "Aw, man!" He yelled in defeat.

"Hey, Mel, do you know the time?" I asked her.

"Yeah, it's almost 9:00 pm." she responded.

"Wanna watch a movie or something?" I asked her and somewhat Josh.

"Yes! I would love to watch a movie!" Josh shouted.

I looked back at Mel. "Sure, babe."

Butterflies.

"Josh! Go look what movies we have. Mel and I are both too comfortable to do it." Mel was sitting on my lap with my arm around her waist. I wanted to keep her here forever.

"I'll only do it because you guys look super cute right now." Josh sighed, looking in the cabinet where we keep or CD's and DVD's.

"Thank you, Josh!" Mel said and smiled.

.Mel's POV.

I'm really glad I'm 'dating' Tyler. He's so much better than Ethan. Tyler actually cares about what's on my mind. Tyler actually, well, interacts with me in a loving way.