Yuri

Anya sat on the couch reading a book Becky bought her a few months ago.

It was a mystery book. A genre which Anya loved the most according to Becky.

The book was nice. The plot was quite nice.

She was still in chapter 1 as she had been too busy to read but she already knew the book was going to be good.

"Yor-san! Are you alright?"

The pinkettes head snapped up at the voice. Her dad was helping her mom cook in the kitchen and everything was going smoothly until now.

"Ah, yes. I turned the heat up a little too much and it just scared me." Yor chuckled sheepishly.

Anya playfully rolled her eyes.

While her mom learned to cook properly, she was still a bit of a klutz in the kitchen.

The doorbell rang soon after, the sound echoing through the peaceful apartment.

"Ah! That must be Yuri! Anya-san, can you get that?" Yor turned to Anya.

Nodding, the telepath placed her book down on the coffee table after marking the page she was at and stood from the couch.

She walked over to the door and twisted the cold, metal knob.

As she swung the door open, a faint sound of a creak came from its hinges.

"Sist-" Yuri appeared with a beam but he cut himself off upon seeing that it was just his niece.

"Hi uncle!" Anya grinned at him and waved.

"Oh it's you. Hi. Where's my sister?"

Anya sighed quietly with a roll of her eyes that Yuri didn't notice.

"Come in." She stepped aside and opened the door wider so he could enter.

Yuri stepped out of his shoes and kicked them aside, immediately walking in to see his sister.

Anya shut the door and followed after him.

"SISTER!" Yuri shouted upon seeing Yor place the food on the table.

"Ah, Yuri. How have you been?" She asks as she walks into his outstretched arms.

"I'm good! What about you nee-san?" He replies when she pulls away from the hug.

"I'm good as well!"

"Konnichiwa, Yuri." Loid greets as he arrives at the table with plates.

Yuri's face immediately falls and his eyes sharpen into a glare.

"Konnichiwa, Lottie." He greeted back with gritted teeth.

Even after all these years Yuri still held some sort of grudge against him for some reason.

"Chihuahua girl, hang this for me." Yuri orders as he throws his coat over to Anya.

"Anya's no chihuahua!" She defends, still not fond of the name.

"You seem like it. How can a 15 year old be so dang short?" He mumbles, eyeing her height.

Anya grits her teeth but goes to hang his coat anyway.

____________

Dinner was somewhat alright. If you don't count how Yuri only talked to Yor and kept spouting nonsense about Loid and Anya.

The four were now sat at the living area with an uncomfy silence growing.

Yor was the first to break it.