01. Introducing Rishi

Hi! I'm Rishi Ritesh Patel. A smart and charming boy. Atleast that's what they say. I mean I know I am handsome and witty. Yeah you can call me self-obsessed or so full of myself, but hey there's nothing wrong in loving myself right.

So as I was saying I am handsome and tall. I live in a nuclear family with my parents and my elder sister. I and my sister share a very strong and deep bond. She is also my best friend.

Well, I also have another best friend other than my sister. P-

"Rishi"... " Come downstairs! " My mom called me more like shouted, interrupting my thoughts.

"Yeah mom, you called me" I said.

"Go and get ready, we are going to your dad's friend's house for dinner" She said.

"Well you guys can go ahead I won't come" I simply said.

"Are you sure?" She asked me. "We'll get late in returning back home. " She said.

"Well I'm fine being all by myself anyways. I'm not a kid anymore mum. I'm SIXTEEN." I said especially emphasizing on the word 'sixteen'.

"Okay fine." She said.

"Anyways, whose house are you going to?" I asked being curious.

"Aditya uncle's house." My mother said.

Aditya uncle, my dad's best friend. They both met in college according to my dad and have been besties ever since.

Wait! Aditya uncle's house. That means...

"Wait mumma!" I said. "I'll also come with you guys"

"Why the sudden change of mind my dear?" My mother asked me sarcastically.

"Well, you didn't tell me you were going to Parthi's house before." I said.

"Ohh" She said making an O face.

"Why don't you stay at home Rishi, after all you're 'SIXTEEN'." My sister spoke coming out of nowhere emphasizing on the word SIXTEEN just how I did.

"I wanna go to my friend's house. Why is there a problem?" I said sarcastically with a fake smile.

"Friend?" She asked me in a teasing tone.

"Yeah, friend" I said being done with her.

She loves to tease me and pull my leg. Rutvi di and mumma always team up to tease me. They never leave a singe chance to tease me in any situation.

"You all stop messing around and get ready now. I don't wanna be late to my best friend's house" My dad said in background.

"If it was according to your way, you would have gone right now only, right Ritesh" My mom said teasing my dad.

"Of course I would honey" My dad replied

"Ewww. Cringe" Me and my sister said in unison making our parents chuckle.

I rush to my room and started to get ready. I wore a simple black tshirt and sweatpants. As I was getting ready to go to their house, my mind shifted to her. Parthi-my best friend.

I remember when I first met her, I was five years old and she was four. A slight smile came upon my lips after remembering our first meeting.

"Hey" I said to the little girl who was just introduced to me.

"Hey" She said slowly.

"I'm Rishi. Nice to meet you. What is your name?"

"I'm Parthi. Nice to meet you too."

"Rishi, if you're ready then come down stairs we're all ready to go." My mom again shouted and interrupted my thoughts.

I came downstairs and saw all my family members all ready and waiting for me. As soon as I walked down, my dad said to go in the car.

"Someone is looking happy" My sister whispered to me teasingly.

"Of course I am, after all I am going to my bestie's house." I said.

"Just bestie?" My sister again teased me.

"Okay fine. Not just bestie." I said in defeat.

Yes. Parthi is not just my best friend but more than that. I like her. Maybe I love her but I think I'm still too young to be in love. But heck my feelings for Parthi are stronger than just a teen boy crush. She makes my heart skip a beat everytime I see her. Be it at school or tutions or just at a gathering. My heart beat increases after seeing her. She looks angelic in every outfit. Even if she's just in her pyjamas. Her voice sounds melodious everytime she speaks something.

I ignored my feelings at first thinking it was just an infatuation or a hormonal imbalace as a side effect of being a teenager. But I soon knew it was not just an infatuation or any hormonal imbalace but rather a strong sense of feeling for her. I came to know it was not just a simple crush either since I've liked her for two years now. Yes I developed these feelings for her when I was in eighth grade and I'm in tenth grade now.

I never told her about my feelings because I don't know if she feels the same way for me or not. My sister always says that she feels the same way for me but I don't know. But one day I will for sure confess my feelings for her.

Yes, my sister knows about my feelings for her. She's one of the few people that know about it. Other than di, my friends Vansh and Dhvanil know about it.