19. First Day

Parthi's Point of View:

"Bye baby. Enjoy your day" Mom said to me enthusiastically.

"Bye mumma" I replied with the same enthusiasm.

"Bye princess" Dad said with a small smile on his face.

"Bye dadda" I said with a smile, waving my hand to the couple in front of me.

"If you're done with your bye session then sit on your seat and buckle up your seat belt" Bhai said kind of sulking.

Why was he sulking? Well, since it was my first day of senior secondary school, dad asked bhai to drop me off and pick me from the school. And, he had to sacrifice his so called 'beauty' sleep for that.

"Yeah I'm sitting" I said and came down from the car window, out of which, I had my upper torso and fastened my seat belt.

First, we used to go to school by the school bus. But then, as the other group members were in eleventh leaving only me in tenth grade, they started to go to school by their own vehicles that is a scooty.

Of course we would all still go together as we all live nearby to each other. But I was not allowed to drive alone as I was a minor. However, just so that I don't get separated from the rest of the group, my parents allowed me to sit with Prachi on her scooty.

Now that I'm in eleventh, I have my licence and I can go with them on my own scooty.

"Are you nervous" Bhai asked me.

"I am nervous but at the same time I am excited" I said.

"I know exactly how you're feeling, I have also been through this" Bhai smiled.

I just smiled back at bhai and he again looked away focusing his gaze on the road.

I also looked at the awfully familiar roads while listening to the music that was playing in the car at a low volume.

"And we are here" Bhai said as we entered the school premises through the main gate of the school campus.

Bhai stopped the car in front of the school building.

"Bye Piku, enjoy your day. I'll be here to pick you up when the school ends" Bhai said with a smile.

"Bhai I'm going to eleventh grade not first grade. I know that you're gonna be here to pick me up" I said.

"I know that. But, I still have to say that after all you're my baby sister" Bhai said pulling my cheeks.

"Bhai don't do that I'm seventeen not seven" I whined.

Bhai just chuckled and said

"I know that but you're still a baby for me and will always be one. There is a reason to why I call you my 'baby' sister"

I just smiled at him. Of course I know how much this guy loves me. He is ready to burn down the whole world if something happens to me.

"Bye bhai. I love you" I said and got off the car and headed towards the gate of the school building.

There is this huge statue of Saraswati Mata in the centre of the corridor of the ground floor.

I prayed at the idol of the goddess for my first day for a few seconds and then went towards the staircase for going to my class.

I need to go to the senior wing now. I feel so old. Last academic year, I was in the junior wing and now, I can finally go to the senior wing.

We junior wing students were not allowed to visit the senior wing at any times except for if any teacher had some work and had asked us to go.