07. Home Alone

"Are you sure" My mother asked me for the nth time, concern evident in her voice.

"Yes mumma" I replied.

"You'll be all alone dear" She spoke still being concerned.

"I'm sure mumma. Besides it's only a matter for the day, bhai will be here by night" I said assuring her.

"If you need anything call me okay. And if you feel scared at night just ask your brother to accompany you okay" She repeated her words again.

Well I don't blame her either. She's a mother of a child and she would be concerned about her well being if she were alone.

Our parents had to leave the state for a few days due to some work. They were leaving and I had to stay back because of my school and also I won't go for parents' work.

My brother would arrive at night for accompanying me during this time. My parents were concerned about me being alone at home untill my brother arrived, but it was nothing new to me I do stay alone everyday when they go for work. It's nothing different.

Besides, if I would feel alone, I'll just call my friends over to accompany me.

"Take care of yourself okay sweetheart" My father said gently patting me on my head.

"Yes dad I will" I said.

"Call me if you feel scared okay" My mother said.

"What will you do if she gets scared, come on Rashi, you won't be able to do anything" My father said. "Just call Rishi if you do. He's also alone" He continued.

"Okay dad" I nodded.

"Bye mom. Bye dad" I waved them goodbye as they left in the car.

I locked the door behind me and went to my room for studying. As my boards were approaching soon, I wanted to be fully prepared for it.

After a while, I decided to take a break from studying. I looked at the clock and it was 05:37 in the evening.

I decided to scroll on my phone to kill the time untill my brother arrived.

**ring**
**ring**

I looked at the caller ID: "Bhai🐒💕"

I picked up the phone

"Hello"

"Hii"

...

"Bhai what happened" I asked growing concerned.

"Actually the train I am coming by is running late so, I'll be late in returning back home" He said sadly.

"Ohh! That's fine bhai. I'll manage till you arrive" I said reassuringly. "By the way how late is your train running and by around what time will you be here" I asked.

"It's running quite late I'll probably be home by 09:30 pm at night" He said. "Are you sure you'll be able to manage" He said still doubtful.

"Yes" I said confidently even though I knew I might get scared alone at night.

"Are you sure" He again asked, his voice filled with concern. "You won't be scared to be alone" He asked.

"Yes. Don't worry about me" I said.

"I still have my doubts sis" He said.

"Fine! If you feel like that then I'll call Rishi over to accompany me" I said.

"Okay that'll be nice" He said being relieved.

Ending the call with my brother, I dialled Rishi's number.