18. The Talk

Rishi's Point of View:

I was sitting in a cafe where Krishna bhai had called me.

I was really nervous after all it was my girlfriend's older brother who wanted to have a talk with me.

If I am so nervous righ now, then what will happen when I would be asking for permission to marry her.

Her father would also be a part of the discussion then.

I blushed a bit at the thought of us marrying.

Yes, I do see a future with her and I am willing to do anything to have a future with her.

Wait. It's still a long time to go. I shouldn't think of marriage just yet.

I need to build a career first to fulfil the needs of my family.

Even though I know I have to take over dad's business some day, I still need to work hard for everything.

I am not some spoilt brat of a rich dad, I know the value of hardwork. I respect the hardwork of my dad and I know that I need to work just as hard to continue his legacy.

I was in my thoughts when Krishna bhai came and sat in the chair in front of me.

"Hi bhai" I said nervously.

I am not nervous around bhai usually. I treat him as my own older brother and he also treats me as his own younger brother.

"Hi Rishi" He said.

This was maybe the first time he called me by my full name. He usually calls me 'Ri'.

"Let's get to the point directly now shall we?" He asked me.

I gulped first and answered "Yes bhai"

"No need to be nervous Ri, it's just a normal talk between us" He assured me.

"I'm still a bit sceptical but I trust you bhai" I said honestly.

"I love your honesty" He said.

"Bhai let's just get started? I'm getting hella nervous" I said.

"Ah! Yes. So you just need to answer the questions that I'm going to ask you truthfully" He said.

"Yes bhai I'll give all the answers honestly" I said.

"So, the first question" He started.

I was listening to him carefully and with patience.

"Would you love my sister even if she was a worm?" He asked me.

I was just confused. Where did he even get this question from.

"Bhai what kind of a question is that?" I asked him.

"You answer it" He said.

"Bhai did you get these questions from google or what?" I asked him.

"Okay you got me there. I did get these questions from google and they're all these kind" He said.

"But in all seriousness I just have one question to ask you" He said.

"Yes bhai ask me I'll answer your question" I said confidently.

"Do you see a future with my sister and are you serious about it because my sister sure is serious about you and both of your relationship" He asked me.

I took a deep breath before answering.

"Yes bhai" I said with a nod.

"I am very serious about Parthi and our relationship. I do see a future with her and I am willing to do anything to make that future with her. I know that I am still young to be talking about future but I just want you to know and to be assured that I will be staying by her side always, whenever I can, no matter what happens" I poured my feelings in front of him honestly, while looking in his eyes the entire time.

Bhai looked at me for a few seconds before smiling and said

"I always knew I could trust only and only you with my sister cause you'll go to any extent for her. I could see the honesty in your eyes when you were talking and I am proud of you for that"

"I knew she made the right choice" He further continued.

"So does that mean I can date her?" I asked him with a bit of hesitation and curiosity in my voice.

"Yes you can" He smiled.

*phew* I was relaxed.

Parthi's Point of View:

"Baby have you kept all the books and stationary that you'll need?" Mom asked me.

"Yes mumma I have kept everything I need and I have also set my uniform for tomorrow" I replied back to her.

What is going on you may ask? Well, my school starts from tomorrow so my mother is making sure I am ready with all the materials I'll be needing for school.

Perks of having a mother who is a teacher I guess.

"Mumma, I'm hungry" Bhai said while coming from the main door.

"Wash your hands and face and get your food from the kitchen" Mumma said.

"I'll wash my face and hands but can you please give me food here only" Bhai said giving mom puppy eyes.

"No special treatment Krishna. I'm never going to give any special treatment to either if you and we've gone over that a lot of times in the past as well. You need to do your own work" Mumma said.

Well bhai knows that mom will never do that but he still asks for it every time just to listen to the same thing everytime.

"Other's mothers get their sons everything in their hands and never let them move a muscle but you always make me do all the work" Bhai said pouting.

"And that is wrong. For me, my daughter and son both are equal and if I make Parthi do some work then I'll definitely make you do the same work as well" Mom said.

"Also, never compare me to other people's mothers. They have their own style of parenting and I have my own. Understand that" She said seriously.

Well, our dearest mother can get scary sometimes.

"Now go wash up" Mom said and bhai like an obedient puppy, followed her instructions.

"Do you want some snacks too Parthi?" Mom asked me.

"Just a little bit mom, I'm not much hungry" I said.

"Okay. I'll get some snacks for you too" She said and went towards the kitchen.

❀•°❀°•❀•°❀°•❀•°❀°•❀•°❀•°❀°•❀•°❀°•❀

Hello everyone.

Again a boring chapter I know. But this is the last one I promise.

Now that Parthi is going to start her eleventh grade, it's gonna be fun.

Also, I am again sorry for the late update. I know I keep saying that no more late updates from now on but then I keep giving you late updates. I am genuinely trying to keep up but my health is not co-operating with me.

I will try my best to update regularly and more frequently I promise.

It's just that my health is not good and also my college admission process is starting so I am a bit occupied with that as well.

I just have a lot on my plate right now and I am trying to cope up with everything. It's just been really hectic recently.

For spoilers and sneak peaks, follow me on Instagram @purvaawrites_

Do vote and comment. I love you all.

Also, we reached 1K views on this book. Thank you so much everyone who chose to read this book. I am so freaking happy I can't tell you.

Keep supporting me just like this. It really means a lot to me. I love you all very much.

-Love Purva.