15. Finally Mine

"Send me the picture as well" Prachi said.

"I want that picture too. Let me have it" Dhvanil said.

"Guys!" I said.

"Guys! Calm down it's just a picture" I said but in vain.

What was happening? Well they were kind of fighting to take the picture of me and Rishi looking at each other, which was clicked by Vansh.

"Guys!" I tried to get their attention once again.

Keyword: tried

I was just looking at them in disbelief when I felt a tap on my shoulders.

I turned around to find Rishi.

I raised my eyebrows, asking him 'what?'

He just winked at me with a smile.

I just furrowed my brows in confusion, with wide eyes, because of his wink.

He just held my hand in his making me feel a million butterflies dance in my stomach.

I just kept walking behind him, going wherever he was taking me, looking at our intertwined hands.

We soon reached the riverside. Well, not technically a riverside but a streamside.

I stopped as Rishi also stopped.

He turned towards me, grinning and softly said, "Let's spend some time here"

I nodded in response and said, "Umm.. You can leave my hand now"

"Ohh! I'm sorry. I didn't mean to make you uncomfortable" He said, immediately leaving my hand.

"No. Actually I liked it" I said so quietly that I was unsure whether he heard me Or not.

We both sat down, Rishi sitting to my left.

He brought his hand in front of me and I understood what he meant.

I slowly kept my hand in his hand, while blushing. From the corner of my eye, I saw his ears turn red.

"Rishi" I said slowly.

He hummed in response.

"Let's promise each other something" I said looking at him.

"What do you want me to promise you?" He asked me softly.

"If... I'm saying if, someday we broke up, let's not let that get in the way of our friendship. You're my best friend and I don't want to lose you as a friend because of that" I voiced my concern.

"What makes you think that we'll break up?" He asked me raising his eyebrow.

"Maybe one of us might grow out of this infatuation" I said shrugging my shoulders.

"It's not an infatuation for sure, is what I can say because I've liked you since eighth grade. It's been four years and I don't think an infatuation can last for four years" He said.

"So.. " He said as he looked at me with some kind of expression which I couldn't figure out.

"That counts me out and only leaves you" He said as he looked at me with narrowed eyes.

"So, you'll break up with me" He started making assumptions.

"So, that means you said yes to me because of an infatuation. So you don't really feel for me" He said.

I widened my eyes.

"NO!" I exclaimed, more like shouted.

He tilted his head towards his left and looked at me.