21. Cold

Rishi's Point of View:

English lecture was going on right now. And let me tell you, it was boring af.

I was just waiting for the bell to ring.

It was the fourth period and we had lunch break after it so I wanted it to finish as soon as possible.

I looked at my watch. Still 10 minutes left.

After 10 minutes, it will be recess and Parthi would come to our class as routine.

Before, Parthi was not allowed in the senior wing as she was a junior. But, now she is also a senior wing student so, she can come to our class.

Thinking about Parthi, my mind reminded me of the incident that happened in the morning.

And I was irritated again. My mood for the first two lectures was really bad. In the third lecture, I kind of forgot the matter but now that I thought about her, I remembered it again.

It's not that I don't trust Parthi. I do. I very much do trust her. It's just that I don't trust other guys because you never know what their intention might be.

And, she is way too innocent to understand that.

I am definitely going to ask her about it in recess.

"Bro what's the time" Dhvanil asked me.

I looked at my watch still 5 minutes left.

"5 minutes left" I said.

"Ugh. I don't think I can keep up for 5 more minutes. I'm hella sleepy" He said.

"Just keep up. It's just 300 seconds" I said.

He gave me a side eye first and then rolled his eyes.

Parthi's Point of View:

Our chemistry lecture was going on right now.

Since it was the first day, every teacher was just giving us introduction to the subject and the syllabus.

All our teachers were very nice and friendly.

This was the fourth period and next was recess.

Today, in every lecture, I was asked about my brother.

It's not that I don't like talking about my brother but I just feel like being his sister, sometimes I am in the spotlight a bit more because of him. And also, the comparison is there for most times.

Yes, our parents and family never made any comparison between us but at school, the teachers do. They always expect me to be excellent like my brother.

I am my own individual and he is his own person. There shouldn't be any comparison is what I feel.

Anyways. I looked at my watch, 5 minutes left until the bell rang.

I had to go to their class as we had decided earlier on.

"So children, since this is the first lecture, I'm not going to teach much. But let me tell you, the most important thing is going to be the periodic table which you have to learn by heart" Sir said.

"However, don't worry. I'll also give you tricks to learn the elements and their order" He said.

"Okay sir" The entire class said in unison.

Sir looked at his watch and then said

"Okay since only two minutes are left for the bell, I'll stop now. You guys can also relax"