CHAPTER 7

7:30am

Third Person POV

"You better have a good reason to be calling me this early in the morning" Haerin greeted in a grumpy tone, meeting Minji on the balcony both with a cup of coffee warming their hands.

"Ah good morning, Haerin-ah"

"Not a good morning at all, actually. What's up leader-nim?"

Minji sighed and placed her mug down to rest her elbows on the balcony railings. "I've been thinking about Hanni lately"

Haerin clicked her tongue. "I knew it"

"I'm confused on where I'm at with her and how she's feeling towards me right now"

"Minji, it's only been a day"

"I know! But we kissed twice already and it's been getting me worked up" Minji ruffled her own hair.

"Wait you two kissed again?!" Haerin asked with wide eyes.

The leader nodded like a child. "Yeah. We kissed last night but she kinda yelled at me before we did"

"Huh? What happened?"

"It's hard to explain. One minute we were having the time of our lives, next minute she became blunt and wanted to go home. I was trying to make sure she was alright and that's when she yelled at me"

Haerin sipped her coffee and nodded. "It must be her doubts talking again"

"I figured that out but I didn't know how else to treat it so I comforted her with my words and kissed her"

"She kissed back right?"

"Yes she did. I told her to not lead me on"

"That's good, Minji. You're looking out for yourself too"

The older girl massaged her temple. "Minji, I really want her to like me back. She means a lot to me"

"We all know that, leader-nim. Seriously, Danielle, Hyein and I are hoping that you two could be together already! However, we need to be patient with our precious Hanni"

"If we do end up dating, you think ADOR will be okay with it? I don't want to ruin our reputation, especially Hanni's. She worked hard for years to get to where she's at now"

"Now that you're mentioning that, you really think it's a good idea to let your feelings collide with our work?"

Minji arched a brow. "Are you with me or against me now?"

"I didn't mean it that way. Remember that you're New jeans leader and we, including Bunnies, respect and trust your decisions. If you believe that taking the risk in dating Hanni and keeping it secret until our dating ban disappears is worth it, then go for it! But if you want to save your feelings for her later and wait until the ban is lifted then no one is stopping you. This is all about your decisions, Minji-ah. I'm sure you'll make the right one"

Minji groaned. "I don't know if I can wait until the dating band ends. I want her to be mine before someone else takes her"

"Who else could possible take Hanni from you?" Haerin giggled.

"Well...I did see some Hanni and TXT's Taehyun ships-"

"Minji, they've barely interacted! It's just delusional fans again"

The leader sulked and crossed her arms, looking away to calm her jealousy. "I hope so"

Haerin hugged Minji. "Hey, you can do this okay? All of our trust is in you so take your time in thinking about this. If you want, I can try and help you with this"