6

February 28, 2023

Charlie's POV

Dalton woke me up around 7:30 so I would have enough time to pack and get dressed.

We left around nine and went to a local diner for breakfast. We finished around eleven and went to the airport. Dalton pulled up to the drop off lane and turned off his truck to help me with my stuff.

"It's only two weeks until spring break," I say as he hugs me.

"I know. Text me when you land?"

"Yeah. Love you."

"Love you, too."

I grab my suitcase and walk to security. I grab some Starbucks after making sure my gate exists and we board around 12:45. I land in Nashville around four and Jayden picks me up.

"Girl, how was it," she asks, hugging me when I walk out of the airport.

"Amazing! And why didn't you tell me your cousin was dating one of the players," I ask her.

"Alyssa is dating one of Dalton's teammates?"

"Yeah, I was telling the girls who was coming to the Nashville games and when I said you were, Alyssa was asking me if Jayden had red hair and a dragon tattoo and I said yeah."

"I knew she was dating a baseball player but she never told me his name."

We get in her car and she drops me off at the house.

"Can you give her my number and tell her to call me, please?"

"Definitely. See you tomorrow," I say, getting my stuff.

She drives away and I walk into the house. I put stuff in my room and grab a White Claw from the fridge and text Dalton.

Char <3: made it home

Dalt <3: how was the flight

Char <3: good, I'll email you my stuff for Texas in a few days

Dalt <3: sounds good

I finish my White Claw and start unpacking. I DoorDash some Chipotle for dinner and head to bed early.

March 4, 2023

Jayden came over for lunch and we FaceTimed Alyssa.

"No, I still can't believe you never told me you were dating a Savannah Banana," Jayden tells Alyssa while I clean the kitchen.

"I didn't know you were in Nashville. I would've called if I had your new number," Alyssa says.

"I know and I'm sorry. I just got caught up in school and work and it completely slipped my mind."

"You're fine. I'm just glad Charlie told me where you were."

"At least you know there's someone looking out for her," I holler.