9

March 18, 2023

Charlie's POV

Dalton woke me up around seven so we could eat before heading to the field. We went back up to the room and we got ready for the day.

I grabbed my yellow Mauldin jersey out of my bag and set it with my purse

I grabbed my yellow Mauldin jersey out of my bag and set it with my purse. I went into the bathroom and did my hair and makeup for the day. I walk back out and grab my jersey. I unplug my phone and grab my purse. We head down to the buses and head to the stadium. Frong told me at breakfast that Dalton and I were gonna do a walkup together during today's game, so we decided to use The Good Ones by Gabby Barrett as the song. We practiced a simple dance a few times and Frong loved it. Dalton practiced In The Air and the guys got ready for the game. During the fourth inning, Ivan took me down to the dugout so we could the walk up during the fifth inning. Bill walked out before us with a microphone in his hands.

"How many of y'all knew that our Songbird had a girlfriend?"

The fans started cheering and we walked out.

"Dalton and Charlie have been dating for a little over four years and three nights ago, after much pushing from the guys, Dalton proposed to Charlie! Please help us in congratulating the future Mr. and Mrs. Dalton Mauldin!"

Shark played The Good Ones and we did the routine, ending it at the batter's box with a kiss. I ran back to the dugout and hung out with the guys for the rest of the game. After the party plaza, the guys got changed and a bunch of us went to the bar to celebrate our engagement. A bunch of my friends and classmates texted me, congratulating us, during the game after our walkup. We went back to the hotel around one after spending a few hours at the bar.

March 20, 2023

Dalton woke me up around nine and we got dressed for the airport.

We spent the day yesterday wandering around town and doing some shopping

We spent the day yesterday wandering around town and doing some shopping. When we got back, we packed and got ready for the travel day. I packed a few final things and we left for the airport. I texted Jayden my flight stuff yesterday afternoon after I booked it. We got to the airport and unloaded the buses. Dalton walked me to my gate since my flight was leaving before they were scheduled to leave.

"Two weeks and I'll be back in Savannah," I say, hugging him.

"Two weeks. Text me when you land."

"You do the same."

We share a kiss and I board my flight. I land in Nashville and Jayden meets me at baggage claim.

"I can't believe you're engaged," she squeals, hugging me tightly.

"Neither can I!"

We head back to my house after stopping at Chipotle for lunch.

"So, what did he do," she asks, talking about the proposal.

"We went to dinner and he dropped to one knee while we were walking in a neaby park," I say, stabbing my bowl.

"Simple, but romantic. I better be maid of honor."

"You will be. Besides, you're my best friend. Tanner will most likely be best man, too."

"I still can't believe it. My best friend is getting married!"

I laugh and we finish eating. I unpack and do my laundry from Texas.

"What day are we flying down to Savannah," she asks as I come back into the kitchen.

"Dalton booked our flight for the fifth. He canceled the original and got a new one with a ticket for you after I asked if he had any tickets for that weekend."

"Sweet. I can't wait to see Alyssa again."

"We're going out to dinner with her and Dan. Me, you, Dalton, and Tanner. They have practice the majority of the day but Dalton got the go ahead to leave and pick us up when we land mid-afternoon. Our flight leaves at 11:30 local time and it's about an hour and a half, but we have to account for the time zone change. So, we'll be landing around two in the afternoon Savannah time."

"Fun. What time are we leaving for the airport?"

"I wanna get there early because of holiday traffic. So, maybe around 7:30? We can finalize when it gets closer to the actual flight."

"Nice. I really liked that walkup dance you guys did on Saturday."

"Frong asked me about it Thursday afternoon and I told him to let me know."

"Are we getting our nails done again before we go?"

"I'm probably gonna do them myself and get them redone for the dance," I say.

"Nice. Are gonna get our dresses when we get back from Savannah?"

"Yeah. The day of the dance falls on the second game against the MLB Player Alumni Association, so I'm wearing yellow."

"I might do pink for the Party Animals," she laughs.

"Is there something you're not telling me?"

"I may or may not have slid into Tanner's DMs."

"JAYDEN MORRIS!"

"What?! He's really good looking!"

"He's my fiancé's best friend!"

"I know."

"Just be careful. I don't want you getting hurt again and I know Tanner would never purposely hurt someone."

"I will. Besides, I heard through the grape vine what's his face got arrested for stalking," she says in a sing-song voice.

"Good. He's a creep."

"Right? Anyways, are we doing anything fun while we're in Savannah? Besides dinner with my cousin and the games."

"We might go to Saddlebags, the line dancing bar I told you about. Maybe Tybee after church on Easter with some of the guys."

"So, bathing suits?"

"Pack some just in case. Gillum and Viro and Vava are always changing the practice schedule, so I'm not entirely sure how much time we'll get with the guys."

"What day do we fly back?"

"Mid-morning on the 12th. We don't have classes on the 11th and we're virtual on the 12th."

"Cool. Well, I have a paper due tomorrow. I'll see you later."

"Bye, girl!"