12

*TRIGGER WARNING: MENTIONS ABUSE! I'LL PUT A "*" WHEN IT STARTS AND ENDS!*

April 5, 2023

Charlie's POV

My alarm went off at 5:15 and I woke Jayden up before showering. I braided my hair and got dressed.

I took the bags to the car while Jayden got ready and we were on the road by 6:45

I took the bags to the car while Jayden got ready and we were on the road by 6:45. We got to the airport around 7:30 and went through security. Jayden got us Starbucks while I got food from McDonald's. We ate and went to our gate. We were the last boarding group and I was able to start one of my papers while we waited. We boarded the plane and I was able to get most of it done before we landed. I texted Dalton and he met us at baggage claim. We got our bags and Dalton hugged me tightly when we walked over.

"Oh, I'm so glad you came," he mumbles into my neck.

"Me, too. Let's go! I wanna see the guys," I say, pulling away.

We walk out to Dalton's truck and head to the stadium. We walk onto the field and Tanner runs over when he sees us.

"This is gonna be the best weekend ever," he says, hugging me.

We pull apart and he faces Jayden.

"Hi," he tells her.

"Hey," she breathes out.

Dalton and I head over to the others while they talk.

"And now we let fate take control," I laugh as we walk up to Jackson and Ryan.

"Control of what," Ryan asks.

Dalton jerks his thumb in Tanner and Jayden's direction and they laugh.

"That's the girl he's been talking to," Jackson asks.

"Yep. My best friend. Uh, where's Dan? I want him to meet Jay," I tell them

"He's at the dish. Oberst," Dalton calls out.

Dan walks over and hugs me.

"How you doing, Char," he asks.

"Good. Um, I want you to meet Alyssa's cousin, Jayden."

Jayden and Tanner join us, the former with a stupid smile on her face.

"Jay, this is Alyssa's boyfriend, Dan. Dan, this is Jayden, Alyssa's cousin," I say to them.

They talk and Dalton heads up to the dish for batting practice. The guys finish up around 4:30 and we head back to Dalton and Tanner's place. The guys shower and Jayden and I get changed.

 The guys shower and Jayden and I get changed