7

March 12, 2023

Charlie's POV

I woke up and emailed my flight information for Texas to Dalton. I put a load of laundry in and Dalton FaceTimed me.

"Hey, how was the game last night? I lost track of time while studying and missed it."

"It was good. We won."

"That's good. What was it like playing against the former pros?"

"Amazing. The players really seemed to like it."

"That's great! And you're playing three total against the MLBPAA?"

"Yeah, the next one is April 29th in Tampa Bay and the last one is Labor Day weekend at Grayson."

"As long as I don't decide to do grad school, I'll be at every game after the start of the school year."

"Good because I definitely want you at Cooperstown."

"Jayden and I are coming. I got K Club and Cooperstown was one of my games."

"Do you guys get in the day of or the day before for that game?"

"I think we're gonna fly up the 14th and stay until the 17th, but I'm not sure yet."

"Alright. I can't wait for this weekend."

"Neither can I. Mom's sending me down with some stuff for you for music, like some guitar picks and some songs you might like to learn."

"She doesn't have to do that."

"She wants to. Besides, she was cleaning out the attic and found them from when I took lessons in middle school."

"Alright. Hey, my dad wants to know if you'd wanna come down to the Tampa Bay games and hang with us."

"Maybe. That's finals week, graduation prep weekend, the Greek life formal, Mom's birthday, and my cousin's wedding."

"I forgot your cousin was getting married that weekend."

"Yeah, I forgot, too, until I looked at the calendar."

"Do you have your dress for the Greek life formal?"

"Not yet, but since you're playing that day, it's gonna be yellow."

"I figured that much. Do you have your graduation outfit yet?"

"Yes and you're not seeing it until the day of."

"Eh, figured it was worth a shot. Are you getting your nails done for Texas?"

"Yeah, I'm doing that on Tuesday after class."

"Nice. When's Jayden's birthday again?"

"June second. We're going out to dinner after the game that day. She wants to go to Jason Aldean's Kitchen + Rooftop Bar."

"That'll be fun. Who's all going?"

"The three of us and you can bring some of the guys if they wanna come."

"Sounds good. Tanner likes going when he visits, so he'll probably come. Noah and Jackson might come, but I'm not sure who else. Is she coming to my concert?"

"She wouldn't miss it for the world. She's loves your music. Speaking of, she wants to know when your next song's coming out."

"Sometime this spring probably, but I'm not entirely sure."

"My birthday is the Monday after Vegas. Maybe that weekend?"

"Maybe. I'll think about it. Are you coming to Vegas?"

"Yeah, I should be. Why? Are you planning something for my birthday?"

"Maybe."

"Get the smirk off your face. You're already planning my graduation party."

"It's your 22nd birthday and we're gonna be in Vegas."

"Fine."

"Yay!"

I laugh and the washing machine dings.

"Ugh. I have so much to do before I leave. I have a test tomorrow and a bunch of laundry to do, so we're gonna go do that."

I grab my laptop and walk to the laundry room.

"We might go line dancing after one of the games, so pack an outfit for that and and outfit for a date."

"I'm already planning on it."

"Good. I have something special planned."

"Alright. Jayden and I are going to a movie later and I need to shower."

"Alright, I'll talk to you later. I love you."

"Love you, too."

March 14, 2023

I woke up and got dressed for class.

When I got to campus, I met up with Jayden in the lounge

"Hey, are we still on for later," she asks.

"Yeah, I need to get my nails done for Texas and after Dalton said he had something special planned for Texas, I definitely need them done on the off chance he proposes," I say.

After class, we head to the nail salon. Jayden gets a dark blue with silver gems on her nails and I get yellow with glitter and gems.

 Jayden gets a dark blue with silver gems on her nails and I get yellow with glitter and gems

We pay for our nails and head to Chipotle for dinner.

"So, we're definitely getting our nails done again for the formal, graduation, and our birthdays," I tell her.

"Definitely. What time does your flight leave?"

"I take off around ten and land close to noon. Why?"

"I can drop you off at the airport. My first class isn't until eleven because my one professor is gonna be out tomorrow."

"Yeah, that'd be great."

"Sounds good. I'll pick you up at eight and that should give you enough time to get through security and stuff."

"Yeah, it should."

We finish dinner and I head back to the house to pack. I pull my suitcase from the hall closet and my carry-on bag from under my bed. I pull out my Mauldin jerseys and my other Banana gear and set them on my bed. I pulled out some other clothes and my shoes. I packed my jewelry and most of my hair and makeup stuff. I pulled out some clothes for the morning and started packing everything else. I put my laptop on the charger and started packing my backpack. I finish packing and got a shower before going to bed.