13

April 7, 2023

Charlie's POV

I woke up and got ready for today's game. I pulled out a white, sleeveless dress and my yellow Mauldin jersey with some yellow Converse.

 I pulled out a white, sleeveless dress and my yellow Mauldin jersey with some yellow Converse

I do my hair and makeup and got breakfast. I grabbed my purse and went to the stadium with Dalton. Jayden rode with Tanner again and we sat with Amber and Rylee in the stands. Jayden went and got some food while the guys did VIB.

"So, what's going on with Jayden and Tanner," Amber asks.

"They're talking but nothing significant has happened. At least not that she's told us," I say.

"They seem close," Rylee says.

"They are. And I'm glad she's talking to someone again."

"Did her last relationship not go well," Amber asks.

"Let's just say that he's in jail," I tell them.

"Good. He sounds like a creep," Rylee says.

"Yeah. She doesn't like talking about it, so please don't bring it up tomorrow."

They nod and Jayden comes back. The game starts and we cheer for our boys. After the game, we head down to the field and the guys come back from the party plaza. Tanner and Jayden take some pictures while Dalton and I walk around and talk.

"What time is Alyssa picking you two up," he asks.

"Around ten. The mall opens at eleven and we're gonna get Starbucks beforehand."

"That'll be fun."

I kiss his lips and we head to the locker room. I wait for him near the entrance and we head home when he comes out.

April 8, 2023

I wake up and get a shower before getting dressed for the mall.

I do my hair and makeup and Jayden comes into the bathroom wearing one of Tanner's VT shirts and some jeans

"Sharing clothes already," I laugh, putting my toothbrush in my mouth.

"Very funny. I didn't know what to wear and Tanner gave me this."

"Whatever."

I finish brushing my teeth and put my lipgloss on. Jayden grabs her Dunks and her bag from Tanner's room. I put my phone in my purse and sit on the couch while we wait for Alyssa. Dalton walks out and hands me my engagement ring.

"I believe this is yours," he says.

"That was almost bad," I say, slipping it on.

I hear a horn honk and look out the window.

"Jayden! Let's go," I yell.

I kiss Dalton and we leave. We stop at Starbucks and head to the mall. We got there a little after eleven and met up with the others at Macy's.

"Nothing significant my butt," Rylee whispers to me when she sees Jayden's outfit.

I laugh slightly and push her shoulder, giving her a look.

"Oh, did you get your cousin's wedding gift last time," Jayden asks me.

"Yeah, I did. I just need something to wear now," I tell her.

We look around and Avery shows me a pale pink jumpsuit.

"What about this," she asks.

"I love it! That might be the one, but I'm gonna keep looking in case there's something else," I say.

I take the jumpsuit and we find a few other options. I head to the fitting room and give the girls a fashion show. They like the dresses we found but they love the jumpsuit.

"I think this is the one," I say, looking the mirror.

I change back into my clothes and we find shoes and jewelry to go with the jumpsuit. We do some more shopping and Alyssa takes Jayden and I back to Dalton and Tanner's place.

"How was shopping," Dalton asks as we walk in.

"Good. I found an outfit for the wedding," I say, looking for the jumpsuit.

I pull it out of the bag and show him.

"I like that. I like it a lot."

"Avery picked it out. I also got heels and other stuff for the outfit."

"Nice."

"And now, it's time for school work," I sigh.

He pulls me in for a hug and kisses my head.

"You got this. Do you want me to help?"

"If you want to, you can. I just need to focus and power through."

We head to the bedroom and I pull out my laptop. I finish the paper I started on the plane and pull up the second one that needs done. Dalton helps me the best he can and we get it done before dinner.

"Hey, Tanner and I are going out for dinner," Jayden says, popping her head in the room.

"Alright. Have fun," I say.

She leaves and Dalton and I share a look, causing us to laugh.

"What are the odds this is a date," he asks as I put my laptop away.

"They seems pretty high," I say.

We laugh again and I change into some sweats and one of Dalton's hoodies. I climb back into bed and cuddle into his side.

"How many more days until graduation," he asks.

"Like 28, I think."

"28 days and we can do this everyday."

He kisses my head again and I sigh.

"You alright?"

"Just tired. I'm so ready to be done with school."

"I can tell. I contacted the pavillion rental people the other day and I was able to get the big pavillion in Shelby park for the party," he says.

"Alright. Mom's gonna get the decorations and the food, just so you don't have to worry about that. She and Dad will set everything up the morning of and we'll head over around noon."

"Sounds good. Jesse said everyone is coming. Players, crew, everyone, so we'll be coming on the buses but Tanner and I are gonna come over your place in the morning."

"Alright."

He rubs my arm and I close my eyes. We stay like that for a little while longer before getting dinner. We eat and watch a movie. Dalton does the dishes and I get ready for bed. I wash my face and plug my phone in. Dalton gets a shower and I climb into bed. He slides in next to me and I lie my head on his chest. He runs a hand through my hair and I fall asleep.