Ch 14: Bloody Hell

A/N; it might be my bday but here's a gift. :)

Cat walked beside Ghost quietly, the man holding her hand as he led her away from the dock. Cat kicked at the rocks as she walked, watching the Shadows around them carefully.

"Cat... those men won't do anything here. Stop glaring. Or at least hide it." Ghost sighed tugging her hand, to pull her along faster.

Cat scoffed, rolling her eyes before relenting to Ghost's pace, "Right. Because I'm the only one glaring."

He shrugged, "They don't know that. Most believe this is my resting face."
"Most believe this is my resting face, bullshit. I call bullshit. You are a grumpy ass man, just like I'm a mean woman."

"You are, that much I will not deny, doll. But you could be more discreet about your anger and annoyance. These Shadows most likely know how much you don't trust them, but they are trying to extend an olive branch to you. To show they aren't like their former commander and rouge Shadows."

Cat groaned, "I don't want an olive branch, so they can take it, and shove it-"

"Cat." Ghost cut her off, his tone curt.

"What? Sorry I don't trust the people who still work with Shepherd after everything he's done."
"And what if they don't know what he's done?"

That got Cat to pause, freezing in place, because in the entire time she has been here, Shepherd never said that all the Shadows knew, Cat just assumed that all the Shadows knew. But Ghost brought up a good point, did they know? While the anger at having to work with not only Shadows and Shepherd quelled as Cat thought through various possibilities, she was still very pissed off.

"So what? They don't know what Graves did to me at Las Almas, they are, supposedly, looking for the other people he killed." Cat groaned, shaking her head while dropping his hand.

"Then tell 'em. They ask, tell 'em every detail you remember. It may even get Farah to like you."

"I don't want anyone to like me. I don't care for that." Cat huffed, walking ahead of Ghost.

"Even if you don't want them to like you, we're going up against Makarov, we need allies."

"Funny that it's we. Why are you treating it as us versus them, rather than leaving it to be me versus them? The Shadows are my problem, Makarov is an us problem."

"Because you aren't alone, you have me. Now stop arguing with me, we need to go meet with the others, again, to prepare to go after Makarov."

"I can argue and walk, thank you. But why are you so hellbent on me not fighting Shadows alone?"
"Because the last time you fought them alone you lost two fingers and people you cared about." Ghost sighed, grabbing Cat's hand once more to pull her alongside him as he started to walk again.

"I hate you, and I hate this. Everything feels... off. Like there are people here not giving us the entire story." Cat groaned slowly walking beside Ghost.

"I know."

Cat sat with her arms crossed over her chest while in the debrief. Shepherd's new right-hand man had the bright idea to separate Ghost and Cat despite the strong protests from both Ghost and Soap. Cat sat glaring at the man while Farah and Price discussed something quietly next to Commander Smith.

"Do you have a death wish? You really wanna separate the girl who killed your predecessor from the one person who could possibly get her to listen?" Soap questioned, amusement and bewilderment clear in his tone and expression.