Ch 15: Who can you trust?

The world around Cat seemed to slow to a crawl at Soap's words.

"What?" Cat asked slowly, her gaze darkening as she took a small step towards Soap.

"Makarov and Shepherd... it's a mess, Cat but-" Soap cut himself off, putting his hands on her shoulders, "But we know he's alive."

"And how can you know that?" Cat asked, her voice dark as she clenched her fists.

Soap looked around, looking for someone as he tightened his grip on Cat, "I can't... we're not supposed to tell you."

"So a Shadow here was double-crossing us? You can either give me a name or I can give you bodies."

Soap sighed, shaking his head, "Cat, no, I-you..." Soap stopped with a groan.

"What? You're acting like we don't have at least one Russian in our custody. And you forget, I will do anything to protect the ones I care about. Did you all at least get your guy so everything wasn't in vain?" Cat asked through gritted teeth, having noticed the stiff postures and tense looks the people around them had.

"I- yes. I'm not supposed to tell you, but Cat, we're working on it. Price's got Kortac looking through the little information we have to see if it's good. Price has Laswell looking for Shepherd through the contacts he had. We have people trying to get our Russian guests to talk,. So... forgive me."

"Forgive you? Why-?" Cat was cut off as she felt the cool metal of a cuff is placed on her left wrist.

Glancing over at her left side, Gaz quickly moved away from Cat seeing as though he had just cuffed her to a support beam.

"Oh, you sick bastards..." Cat laughed, tugging the cuff slightly.

"Fine. We'll play this game. Just know I'm kicking all of your asses before this is over." Cat scoffed as she glared at Soap.

Soap rubbed the back of his head, "You're not exactly helping your case, C. This was also Price's idea."

"Sergeant-!" Price exclaimed, not expecting to be thrown under the bus so quickly.

Cat raised a brow as she turned her gaze to Price, "Listen, Cap, I was there in Las Almas when she jumped Graves in front of his men. Do you think she won't still try to hurt me?" Soap questioned as he moved to put some distance between him and Cat.

"Don't fret, Bubbles, you're getting jumped at some point too. Simon isn't here to save your ass. You just aren't first."

"I'm not first? That means I can run."

"You can try."

"Oh come on, C..." Soap groaned, "You have to understand, this is for Russian's safety. We can't get information from them if they're dead."

Cat shrugged, "I don't care if they die... they have information that I want, and I will get it. You can't stop it. No one can stop what is going to happen. Delay it, sure. But stopping it? Never going to happen, Johnny."

Soap sighed, "I know that, but C... we need time first. So..." He aimlessly gestured to her cuffed hand, "You get put in time out."

"Time out. Right." Cat scoffed as she stopped tugging on the cuff, opting to sit on the floor. A waiting game for her now.

"You're only going to be there until Nolan and Yuri tell us what we need to know. Then you and Soap will be the first ones out to get Ghost. You just have to be patient..." Price sighed, speaking up, breaking the tense silence that had fallen in the small room.