Ch 9: No one is coming to save you now

A/N: Haven't done one of these on here before but, I do have a lil' happier bit that I omitted from this ch because it didn't fit right, but! If you all want it lmk and I will post it! But, this chapter can be rough so if you have to, skip parts, or, put it down and finish later, it shouldn't be too rough but reader discretion is advised!

"Come on, big guy..." someone above Ghost grunted.

Ghost could feel himself being pulled up, the person pulling him was yelling. Making the pain in Ghost's head worse. How did Ghost end up on the floor? Why does his head hurt? The more Ghost was jostled into a somewhat standing position the more his mind was flooded with questions. Ghost must have said something because the person next to him, Soap maybe, they sounded similar, shouted something at someone, Cat?

Ghost forced himself to open his eyes, the lights from outside and the two flashlights in front of him made him regret that.

Ghost groaned, his head throbbing and his body felt like lead.

"Come on Ghost, we gotta go-" Soap said with a grunt, still dragging Ghost.

Ghost blinked, looking around, Soap and Gaz were with him, "Where's Cat?"

Gaz shot him a confused look, "English, there mate?"

"Yeah, what Gaz said?" Soap sounded confused as well.

Ghost spotted Cat's gun much closer to the wall and pushed debry. What happened? Why was he not in the middle of the floor like he last remembered?

Ghost grunted, "Cat. She was with me. Right behind me. Where'd she go?"

Soap sighed and Gaz turned away from Ghost.

"What, is she dead?"
"She might wish she was. She was right in several things."
"What?" Ghost was confused and sure, he might be concussed, but if this is his state, how the hell did Cat get out.

Ghost heard Soap swallow, "She bought us some time. But..."

"But... spit it out, Soap?"
"The Shadows got her. Price and I saw several evac, we didn't know. Not until we found one of the few Shadows still here. Price is helping Rudy get Alejandro and his men. Sorry big man."

Ghost was silent, weighing what he was just told, his foggy mind still making it difficult to understand the severity of the situation.

Ghost started to speak but was cut off by Soap, "Listen, Ghost, we need to get you out of here, see if you clear up, I guess, plan, then go after Graves."
"No, we should go after Cat first."
"Ghost, we don't..." Soap sighed dragging Ghost alongside him, "We don't know where she is, but we know where Graves is at. If Cat was right about this, we can make an assumption, he had her brought to him. We get Graves, we get Cat."

"Besides, Ghost..." Gaz started, "You're in no current condition to go on a rescue mission. We need to regroup and make a plan."

Ghost just nodded, letting Soap keep majority of his weight, still too disoriented to even move.

"Ghost, can't you like, help. You're heavier than hell."

Ghost grunted, trying to stand more on his own, but he felt very, top heavy.

"Okay! Jeez, don't kill yourself. Bloody fuckin' hell..." Soap grunted, "Gaz, get your ass over here and help me with the big guy."

"But-" Gaz started, only to be cut-off by Soap.

"I will tell Price that you left me to drag this heavy motherfucker back. Get over here."

Ghost shot Soap a nasty look, "The hell?"