Ch 12: Americans are Weird

Cat punched the punching bag until Ghost stopped her. Ghost had to step in between Cat and the bag, gently grabbing at her arms and pushing her hands down., Cat had become so focused on punching out her emotions that she missed the small audience that was just watching her. Cat huffed and started to tug off the wraps on her hands, purposefully ignoring Price who was giving her a disappointed stare. Ghost grabbed at Cat's hands to undo the wraps for her, not letting her speak or remove the wraps herself.

"Cat... you know you aren't medically cleared for any strenuous activity." Price spoke up when Cat made it clear she wasn't going to acknowledge him yet.

"Jesus H. Christ, Price, obviously I'm not hurt that bad." Cat shot back, glaring over at Price, annoyed that he thinks Cat needs to be coddled. Ghost grabbed Cat gently and pulled her close to him, earning him a nasty look from Cat.

"Cat, you got shot in the hip, the knee-"
"I got shot right below the knee, and neither of those hit bone or did any actual real damage." Cat interrupted with a scoff, looking up at Ghost to avoid looking at Price and the other operators she hasn't formally met.

"Cat, you had two fingers bitten off, a concussion, and if what the report I got from Kate is correct you have four broken ribs." Price sounded exasperated at Cat's comment.

"Okay? So? That was almost three weeks ago? What's your point, Price?"

"Three weeks ago? How are you walking? Much less alive?" One of the strangers, a woman with a deep accent and extremely curly hair asked.

"You had fingers bitten off?" Another operator with a heavy Canadian accent.

"Doesn't matter." Cat answered quickly, brushing off the questions, "Again, Price, what's your point? Because-"
Cat was cut off by Ghost putting his hand over her mouth, "Mouthing off and being insulting won't help your case, Cat. So whatever comment you were going to say, maybe don't say it. And we are talking as soon as we leave the training room." Ghost murmured to Cat, causing her to huff and push his arm away.

"Fine, whatever, but if he says something stupid again, all bets are off."

Price sighed, "Ghost wasn't supposed to bring you in here, you weren't supposed to have access to this part of the base, period. Also, again, you're supposed to be on crutches."

"Okay? I obviously don't need crutches. I can walk, run, jump just fine. I'm not a baby." Cat scoffed crossing her arms.

"You're acting like one." Price countered, stepping a little closer to Cat.

Cat tilted her head and raised a brow at that statement, "I promise you I wasn't but I sure as shit will now-"

"Cat and I will be leaving now..." Ghost interrupted, grabbing Cat by the back of her shirt and pulling her away from Price and everyone else who was watching the pair, stunned that she would speak to the Captain that way.

Cat huffed as Ghost dragged her away, "You're overreacting. I wouldn't have done that much..."

"You probably would have tried to break his body... you know the autopsy for Graves came back, right? You stabbed him a total of forty nine times. Forty nine. You were severely hurt when you did that, you aren't so much now."
"Huh... I stopped counting after a dozen or so. Could I read his autopsy report?"
Ghost laughed at her, "No. Also you broke several ribs of his, I think you broke like six ribs of his too. Not counting the bullets you put in his knees or the damage to his face, you did a lot of damage, while hurt."

"I should have done worse. Or more..." Cat shrugged.

"Don't let anyone else hear that, or you'll get sent to behavioral... for a mental health evaluation."
"I'm gonna toe the line on that shit."