Ch 1: Who is she?

John Price and Kate Laswell were always good allies, friends even. They trusted each other, which is why he was showing her the members of his newest task force.

"You thought of pretty much everything for your team, besides having a medic." Kate chuckled.

"Well who do you propose be our team medic?" John quipped.

Neither were being serious on having a team medic, all the members John has know more than the average solider on basic medical care. It came with the territory of the job.

"I do think you could add someone to the team who definitely needs to work on being a team player, but is an excellent solider. She has skills that are missing from your team."

"Such as what, Kate?" John inquired, intrigued at who Kate is offering.

"Her call sign is Cat. She has been to both Afghanistan and Iraq, especially during the peak of the war. She may be an American but she has the training of a combat medic and a pilot. After Iraq they allowed her to change her MOS but the only stations they had available were pilots and mechanical engineers. She is the latest ACE in the Navy who is an excelent shot in the air and ground. Her hand-to-hand combat is better than majority of everyone she fights. She hasn't came across anyone she couldn't beat."

"She sounds interesting, but what skills does she have that would make her a good fit for this task force?"

"She's a jack of all trades. There is nothing she can't do. She is light on her feet and can make quick work of any mission. She isn't the best negotiator but there hasn't been anyone she couldn't get out alive."

"Why-"

"John, this task force gets dirty so no-one else has too right? Well she can do that and more. She can do things majority people can't do. The SEALS have been trying to convince her to join them because she can beat them any day of the week, and they want her on their side. Everyone wants her on their team, she is wickedly smart and resourceful."

Kate looked at John, Cat's folder in hand waiting for him to take it. She gestured again for John to take the folder and consider her.

"The American soldiers have an annual competition where she will be competing. She never competes but with some strings pulled we have managed to get her to compete, if you don't think she has the skills yet, watch her compete. She is terrifying to be against."

"What makes you think she would join this force if she won't join the SEALS? They do similar work, maybe even more of it." John pressed.

"Because she doesn't like the chief of the SEALS, she geniuley hates him and will always pick the options that piss him off the most. She was told she could shadow the SEALS or take shifts in the armory and she chose the armory because it was the other option." Kate shrugged.

"Why does she not like them? More so why does she not like the chief, did they do something to her?"

"I don't know why she doesn't like them, but she seems to find joy in the fact that they get angry when she tells them no. I don't know what they did to her for her to always tell them no but she does. It is kind of funny to witness." Kate admitted.

"Well when is this competition? She knows that she is joining this team, right?"

"The competition is next Wednesday, at 1200, on the naval base in San Diego, California."

Kate glanced at her watch before she cursing softly.

"My wife will be beyond livid if I'm late again, I will see you next week John. Hopefully Cat is cooperative next week, if not we will have to ask one of her two friends, Jake "Hound" Rodriguez or Sasha "Birdie" Brown, to join just so you all don't have to deal with a feral street cat." Kate chuckled while grabbing her things. John shot her a look, curious as to why they would have to add another soldier.